Slow Cooker Shredded Lemon Garlic Chicken is so easy to make and it is packed full of flavour.
It is a super healthy meal and you can also easily make a double batch, so that you have leftovers for the week.
I realised recently that I have not shared a shredded chicken recipe with you. I have actually made quite a few different recipes, but never shared one on Becomingness.
So, I decided I better change that and last week I created not one, but two shredded chicken recipes that you can make in your slow cooker.
This Slow Cooker Shredded Lemon Garlic Chicken recipe is the one that I am sharing with you right now which is so easy to make and you can use to form the basis of other meals (Hello…buddha bowl!!)
It is ticks all the food lifestyle boxes…..keto, low carb high fat, paleo, gluten free & dairy free!!
PS My kids absolutely love this meal!
PIN FOR LATER
Slow Cooker Shredded Lemon Garlic Chicken is so easy to make and it is packed full of flavour. It is a super healthy meal and you can also easily make a double batch, so that you have leftovers for the week.
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons organic butter (coconut oil also works)
- 1 kg chicken breast
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Mix the dried oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the chicken breast with the mixture.
- Heat the coconut oil (or butter) in large skillet over medium-high heat and brown the chicken breast for a few minutes on both sides. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- In the same skillet on medium heat, add the minced garlic and cook for 10 seconds. Then, add the chicken stock and lemon juice, bring to the boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Then, pour the mixture over the chicken. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until the chicken is cooked through and easily comes apart.
- Shred the chicken with two forks and serve with quinoa (or cauliflower rice) and some steamed vegetables.