This Strawberries and Cream Chia Seed Pudding makes an amazing breakfast and even as a snack! It is really yummy and creamy. Not only is it dairy free, it is also gluten free, nut free and refined sugar free.
I am a big fan of chia puddings!
I love that they are super easy to make and you set them in the refrigerator overnight, while you are sleeping, ready for when you when you wake up.
They are the perfect, quick breakfast, especially if you find that you are in a rush to get ready and leave for work or drop the kids off at school. They also make a great dessert and this flavour combo is one of my favourites as well as this apple and walnut chia pudding and this blueberry and macadamia chia pudding.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Quick and Easy – overnight chia seed puddings are really easy to make and you let them set overnight in your refrigerator so that they are ready to eat the following morning.
Allergy Friendly – chia puddings are suitable for people with gluten, dairy and nut allergies & intolerances as well as many other dietary requirements.
Healthy wholefood ingredients – which are easy to find at any supermarket.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Fresh strawberries
- Coconut cream
- Rice malt syrup – you can use honey or maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Chia seeds
HOW TO PREPARE
Making this chia pudding is really easy.
You process the strawberries, coconut cream, vanilla extract and rice malt syrup in your blender and then divide the mixture into your bowls or glasses. Then add the chia seeds and mix through the strawberry cream mixture.
Then leave in the refrigerator to set overnight.
The next morning, remove from the refrigerator add some fresh strawberries and enjoy.
Sweeteners – I have included rice malt syrup in my version, but you could easily swap it for honey or maple syrup if you wanted. You could also omit the sweetener altogether. Totally up to you and what your preference is.
Strawberries – You can also substitute the strawberries with other fruit to change it up. Mango, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, banana or a combination works really well too.
Looking for more chia puddings to try? Try these:
Lastly, if you make this chia pudding then I would really love to hear from you. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
Strawberries and Cream Chia Seed Pudding
- 12 oz strawberries fresh, plus extra for serving
- 9 oz coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- Prepare strawberry mixture. Add the strawberries, coconut cream, rice malt syrup (if using) and vanilla extract to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add chia seeds. Place the chia seeds in a large bowl and add the strawberries & cream mixture, mixing thoroughly until well combined. I recommend stirring the mixture thoroughly as the chia seeds can clump together.
- Allow to set. Place in the refrigerator and allow to set for a minimum 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Serve. When ready to serve, add some fresh strawberries and enjoy.