This Strawberries and Cream Chia Pudding works as either a breakfast or as a snack! It is really yummy and nice and creamy. Not only is it dairy free, it is also gluten, nut and refined sugar free.
I am a big fan of chia puddings!
I love that they are super easy to make and you set them in the refrigerator overnight, while you are sleeping, ready for when you when you wake up.
They are the perfect, quick breakfast, especially if you find that you are in a rush to get ready and leave for work or drops the kids off at school. They also make a great dessert.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Fresh strawberries
- Coconut cream
- Rice malt syrup (optional)
- Vanilla extract
- Chia seeds
- I have included rice malt syrup in my version, but you could easily swap it for honey or pure maple syrup if you wanted.
- You could also omit the sweetener altogether. Totally up to you and what your preference is.
MORE CHIA PUDDINGS
- 350gm (12oz) fresh strawberries (plus extra for serving)
- 250gm (9oz) coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- Add the strawberries, coconut cream, rice malt syrup (if using) and vanilla extract to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place the chia seeds in a large bowl and add the strawberries & cream mixture, mixing thoroughly until well combined. I recommend stirring the mixture thoroughly as the chia seeds can clump together.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow to set for a minimum 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve, add some fresh strawberries and enjoy.
The cook time does not include the time it takes for the chia pudding to set.
Recipe makes 2 serves (breakfast) or 4 serves (dessert).
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 9gSugar: 5gProtein: 5g