These no-bake chocolate coconut bars are the healthier version of the classic Bounty Bar. They are made with easy-to-find ingredients and take less than 20 minutes to make. Plus they are gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, egg-free & nut free.
I love adapting classic chocolate bars into healthier versions that are not full of additives and preservatives like this coconut rough or raw cherry ripe slice or even this no bake bounty slice bites.
Best of all these recipes are super easy to make and make a great dessert to serve guests or as a treat for yourself.
They are easy to freeze and will last months in your freezer.
Table of Contents
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Easy to Make - You don't need to process any of the ingredients to make these bars and the recipe is super easy to make.
Allergy Friendly - these bars are gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, egg-free & nut free.
Healthy wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Shredded coconut - organic preferably
- Coconut oil
- Coconut milk
- Maple syrup - you can also use honey or rice malt syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Sea salt
- Cacao powder
HOW TO MAKE THESE BARS
These bars are really easy to make! The preparation is time is not long but they do take a bit of time to set. But it is so worth it!!
You first mix up the ingredients to make the coconut mixture and then let it set in the freezer for approximately one hour. Then you need to slice the coconut mixture into square or rectangle bars, then place back into the freezer for a further 30 minutes.
While the bars set in the freezer, make the raw chocolate.
Then take the bars out of the freezer and coat each one in the chocolate and place them on a wire rack on top of a lined baking tray. Once each bar is coated place the wire rack/baking tray into the freezer for 30-60 minutes additional minutes.
Then the next part is optional, however I highly recommend that you coat them again, This is to ensure that you get a nice thick chocolate coating around the coconut centre. Then let them set for 30-60 minutes and then you can enjoy them!
HOW TO STORE
You can either store in your refrigerator or in your freezer.
Make sure to keep them stored in an air-tight container and they will last up to 1 week in your refrigerator or up to 6 months in your freezer.
Looking for other breakfast recipes? Try these:
No-bake Chocolate Coconut Bars
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups shredded coconut organic preferably
Chocolate coating ( x 2 for thicker coating)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ⅛ - ¼ cup maple syrup depending on how sweet or bitter you like your chocolate
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- Prepare coconut mixture. Add coconut oil and coconut milk to a medium size bowl and whisk to combine well (you want to make sure that there is no separation between the oil and milk). Next, add the maple syrup, vanilla extract and sea salt and mix well. Then, add the shredded coconut and mix until well combined.
- Set mixture. Pour the mixture into a lined square baking dish and place in the freezer for approximately 60 minutes to set. Take out and cut into squares and freeze for another 30 minutes.
- Make raw chocolate. To make the chocolate coating, melt the coconut oil in saucepan on low heat. Once melted, add the maple syrup, whisking until well combined. Then add the cacao powder, stirring well until well mixed through.
- Coat the coconut bars. Take the coconut squares out of the freezer, dip each piece into the chocolate sauce and placed on a wire rack on top of lined baking tray (make sure the tray fits in your freezer). Freeze until the chocolate has hardened (approximately 30 - 60 minutes)
- Optional double coat. Prepare another batch of chocolate coating and dip the raw bounty bars a second time and freeze again (approximately 30 - 60 minutes)