Coconut Rough is made with only four ingredients and is the easiest of recipes to make. You can change up the flavours by adding raspberries or even peppermint or orange essential oil (or extract).
This raw dessert is really easy to whip up and is made with only four ingredients, and best of all, both my kids LOVE it. So they don't need to miss out after all.
You can also make them into bliss balls.
WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS
- Shredded organic coconut
- Coconut oil
- Cacao powder
- Sweetener - either rice malt syrup, pure maple syrup OR to make it Keto use organic liquid stevia
You can also add essential oils or flavoured extracts to change up the flavours.
MAKING THIS RECIPE KETO FRIENDLY
I have been making a keto and low carb high fat version by substituting the maple syrup/rice malt syrup with liquid stevia.
However, it is really important that you do not use much liquid stevia. ¼ teaspoon should be enough or maximum ½ teaspoon as stevia can have a bitter aftertaste. So if you add to much to your recipe you may ruin the taste.
DO YOU OWN A THERMOMIX?
I have also included the Thermomix method for all you thermi lovers!
- 110 grams coconut oil
- 2 - 3 tablespoons rice malt syrup or pure maple syrup OR to make it Keto add ¼ - ½ teaspoon organic liquid stevia (depending on your sweetness level) instead
- 60 grams cacao powder
- 100 grams shredded organic coconut
- Add the coconut oil to the thermomix bowl and melt for 1.30 mins / 100 C / speed 2.
- Next add the sweetener and mix for 5 seconds / speed 4.
- Then, whisk in the cacao powder for 10 seconds / speed 5.
- Place the shredded coconut on a lined baking tray and pour the chocolate mixture over the top, ensuring that the coconut is evenly coated.
- Place in the freezer for 30 - 60 minutes to set.
The cook time does not allow the time for the coconut rough to set in the freezer, approximately 30-60 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 61Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g