Hello and welcome to Becomingness!!
My love of cooking and sharing food and food ideas is in my blood!
I have Italian, Maltese and Egyptian heritage, and a love of preparing food from fresh and whole ingredients and connecting with family and friends over meals has been passed down to me, from many generations of passionate foodies. I share this passion with my children - Giselle & Josh.
So how did Becomingness come about?
After a career in Human Resources (and always with the nagging feeling like something was "missing"), and desperately needing a change, I began studying nutritional medicine when I was pregnant with Giselle.
The biggest reason being because I had battled health issues over the years and I wanted to teach my children about health & wellness.
I knew I had to share what I was learning about food providing "nutritional medicine" to help people's state of health and well-being, and to share the more "healthy versions" of the family friendly recipes I was creating...and "Becomingness" the home of healthy and easy to make recipes that your entire family will enjoy - was birthed in 2014.
What you will find on Becomingness
- 250 recipes with many of them ticking dietary requirements. I have predominately been making gluten free and dairy free recipes over the years, however, from time to time you may see dairy or gluten in some of my recipes.
- Many of my recipes also suit other dietary requirements like nut free, egg free, paleo, keto, low-carb, vegan & vegetarian.
- All of my recipes are easy to make with ingredients that you will find in your local supermarket, health food shop, food market or online.
- Family friendly recipes that your family will enjoy
- Recipes that are suitable when entertaining guests
- Tried and tested recipes - all of my recipes have been thoroughly tested over the years. I do update if I improve on a recipe and also put various options in the notes.