Raspberry coconut rough is a recipe you need to make now! Made with only 5 ingredients and it takes no time to prepare! You can also make it low carb or keto friendly by swapping the maple (or rice malt) syrup with stevia.
I love creating new versions of coconut rough because it really is so easy to make. It is perfect for when you have a last-minute guest coming over or you get chocolate cravings.
This addition of raspberries takes it to another level!
Allergy and Intolerance Friendly – this recipe is suitable for people with gluten, dairy, nut allergies & intolerances as well as many other dietary requirements.
Easy to Prepare – takes 5 minutes to make and approximately 1 hour of setting time in the freezer.
Healthy wholefood ingredients – which are easy to find at any supermarket, health store, food markets or on-line store.
- Shredded coconut
- Fresh raspberries (if you use frozen raspberries, you need to thaw out and remove the excess moisture first, otherwise the recipe may not set properly)
- Coconut oil
- cacao powder
- Your choice of sweetener – pure maple syrup, brown rice syrup or stevia (if you want it to be keto/low-carb friendly).
I always keep these ingredients on hand, so I can easily whip this yummy treat up.
HOW TO MAKE
Making this raw dessert involves only a few steps:
- First you need to lightly toast the shredded coconut (however you can skip this step if you are really short on time… I do on occasion)
- Next, make the raw chocolate.
- Then, roughly chop up the raspberries and add them plus the shredded coconut to the raw chocolate mixture and mix through.
- Finally. pour the mixture into a lined square baking tin and place into the freezer and let it set, normally 30 – 60 minutes.
Looking for other raw dessert recipes? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
Raspberry Coconut Rough
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup fresh raspberries 125 grams punnet
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup or rice malt syrupor to make it keto friendly, add 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon organic liquid stevia
- Toast coconut. Lightly toast the shredded coconut in a small fry pan on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Make raw chocolate. To make the chocolate mixture, melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan on low heat. Once melted, remove from heat, add the sweetener, whisking briskly until well combined. Then add the cacao powder, stirring until well combined.
- Prepare coconut rough. Roughly chop the raspberries and place with the shredded coconut into the saucepan and stir through the chocolate mixture.
- Place into tin. Pour into a lined square baking tin (or spread evenly on lined baking tray) and place in the freezer for 30-60 minutes to set.
- Slice. Slice in desired pieces and serve.
- I recommend storing in the freezer to keep firm.
- If you use frozen raspberries, you need to thaw out first and remove the excess moisture, otherwise the recipe may not set properly.
- The cook time does not allow the time for the coconut rough to set in the freezer, approximately 30-60 minutes.