Raspberry coconut rough is a recipe you need to make now! Made with only 5 ingredients and it takes no time to prepare! You can also make it low carb or keto friendly by swapping the maple (or rice malt) syrup with stevia.
I am excited to be sharing another variation of my coconut rough! My original coconut rough recipe is one of my most post popular recipes, which I shared back in 2015.
I love creating new versions of coconut rough, because it really is so easy to make. It is perfect for when you have a last minute guest coming over or you get a craving for someone sweet and/or chocolatey.
This addition of raspberries takes it to another level! Like my three other versions, it is still so easy to prepare and it is made with only 5 ingredients.
- Shredded organic coconut
- Fresh raspberries (if you use frozen raspberries, you need to thaw out and remove the excess moisture first, otherwise the recipe may not set properly)
- Coconut oil
- Raw cacao powder
- Your choice of sweetener - pure maple syrup, brown rice syrup or stevia (if you want it to be keto/low-carb friendly).
I always keep these ingredients on hand, so I can easily whip this yummy treat up.
HOW TO MAKE
Making this raw dessert involves only a few steps:
- First you need to lightly toast the shredded coconut (however you can skip this step if you are really short on time... I do on occasion)
- Next, make the raw chocolate.
- Then, roughly chop up the raspberries and add them plus the shredded coconut to the raw chocolate mixture and mix through.
- Finally. pour the mixture into a lined square baking tin and place into the freezer and let it set, normally 30 - 60 minutes.
MORE RAW DESSERTS RECIPES
- 1 cup shredded coconut organic coconut
- 1 cup fresh raspberries (125 grams punnet)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 2-3 tablespoons pure maple syrup or rice malt syrup (or to make it keto friendly, add 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon organic liquid stevia)
- Toast coconut. Lightly toast the shredded coconut in a small fry pan on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Make raw chocolate. To make the chocolate mixture, melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan on low heat. Once melted, remove from heat, add the sweetener, whisking briskly until well combined. Then add the cacao powder, stirring until well combined.
- Prepare coconut rough. Roughly chop the raspberries and place with the shredded coconut into the saucepan and stir through the chocolate mixture.
- Place into tin. Pour into a lined square baking tin (or spread evenly on lined baking tray) and place in the freezer for 30-60 minutes to set.
- Slice. Slice in desired pieces and serve.
- I recommend storing in the freezer to keep firm.
- If you use frozen raspberries, you need to thaw out first and remove the excess moisture, otherwise the recipe may not set properly.
- The cook time does not allow the time for the coconut rough to set in the freezer, approximately 30-60 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 82Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 17mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g