These Chocolate Fat Bombs are the perfect chocolate treat if you are following a keto or low carb high fat (aka LCHF) as they are only sweetened by stevia.
How good are fat bombs!!
These delicious and super easy to make raw chocolates are one of my go-to treats when I am wanting to make low carb and keto dessert recipes.
You generally only need one or two of these treats a day, but they will help to keep you full for longer to the good fats in this recipe.
Table of Contents
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Low Carb and Keto - these fat bombs are only sweetened by stevia.
Easy to Make - this is a simple dessert to make. You just need a saucepan and a mini
Healthy wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
Thecy are made with only 5 ingredients.
- Coconut oil
- Almond butter or you can use other nut butter like cashew or a blend.
- Cacao powder
- Vanilla extract
- Liquid stevia
USING LIQUID STEVIA
It is really important to note that you do not need to use much liquid stevia to sweeten up these keto bombs.
For my personal preference, I only used ¼ teaspoon, but you could go up to ½ teaspoon if you found that ¼ teaspoon was not sweet enough. Just be careful you do not overdo it as stevia can have a bitter aftertaste.
You can use any nut butter to make these low carb fat bombs. I usually make them with almond butter but I have also made them with cashew butter.
I highly recommend using a mini muffin silicone tray. It makes the process a whole lot easier.
These raw chocolates are best stored in an air-tight container in the freezer so that it stays nice and firm. Simply remove them from the freezer and thaw for a few minutes before eating.
Looking for more low carb recipes, then check these out:
Lastly, if you make this recipe I would love to hear from you. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
Chocolate Fat Bombs
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup almond nut butter Any works fine - almond butter, cashew butter, multiple nut butters
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon liquid stevia depending on your sweetness levels
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make the chocolate mixture: In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the coconut oil and nut butter. Next stir in raw cacao powder. Finally add the liquid stevia and vanilla extract, stirring well to combine.
- Set in muffin tray: Spoon mixture into mini muffin pan and place in the freezer until set. Then remove them from the tray and put into an air-tight container in the freezer. Allow to thaw for a few minutes before eating.