Chocolate Peppermint Balls are made with only 6 ingredients and are one of the easiest recipes to make. They are the perfect treat to make if you are short on time.
I love making bliss balls as they are healthy, taste amazing and best of all they are super easy to prepare.
Table of Contents
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Gluten & dairy free - these chocolate peppermint truffles are suitable for people with gluten and dairy allergies & intolerances as well as many other dietary requirements.
Easy to make - this recipe takes 5 minutes to make and approximately 30 minutes to set.
Healthy wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Medjool dates
- Peppermint essential oil or peppermint extract
- Blanched almonds
- Maple syrup or you can use honey or rice malt syrup
- Cacao powder
- Desiccated coconut
HOW TO MAKE
- Add the ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender and then process until the ingredients are well combined.
- Then roll into balls and coat with the desiccated coconut.
- Place on a lined baking tray (or plate) and put into the refrigerator or freezer to set.
I highly recommend using Medjool dates to make these bliss balls and any other raw dessert recipe that require dates and I always state in the ingredients listing to use Medjool dates.
Medjool dates are sticky so they really bind together all the ingredients really well.
If you use regular dates, you will most likely find that the mixture will not hold and you will need to use a little bit of coconut oil or nut butter to make the bliss balls.
Yes you can! You can keep stored in your refrigerator for up to 1 week or you can store in the freezer for up to 6 months. You will need to allow approximately 15 minutes to thaw them out before eating.
MORE CHOCOLATE & PEPPERMINT DESSERT RECIPES
Chocolate Peppermint Balls
- 1 ½ cups medjool dates
- 5 drops food grade peppermint essential oil or 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- ⅓ cup blanched almonds
- 1 ½ tablespoon maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 ½ tablespoon cacao powder
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- Make the balls. Add all ingredients except the desiccated coconut to a blender and blend until it forms a sticky mixture. Roll the mixture into small balls and coat them in the desiccated coconut.
- Allow to chill. Place on a lined baking tray and freeze or refrigerate until firm. Store in the refrigerator.