This Beetroot Dip with onion and macadamia is a healthy alternative to the supermarket dips which are often packed full of preservatives and additives. It tastes amazing as well as being gluten free, dairy free and preservative free.
I am a fan of having crackers and dip (with a glass of white wine) on a Friday or Saturday afternoon (sometimes both), but I much prefer to have homemade dips that are free from additives and preservatives and made with amazing ingredients.
This roasted beet dip is one of my faves to enjoy and is super easy to make just like this Chunky Guacamole and also this Simple Five Minute Hummus.
If you are a fan of beetroot then you should also check out this Beetroot Hummus
- Lemon juice
- Tahini (either hulled or non-hulled)
- Sea salt
You will find information about the ingredient quantities in the recipe card below.
Macadamias - you can substitute the macadamias with cashews or even blanched almonds,
How to Make
This recipe involves first roasting the beetroot, onion, garlic and macadamias. After roasting allow them to cool down before removing the beetroot skins.
Then the last step involves processing all the ingredients in a food processor or blender until you have reached your desired consistency.
This dip goes so well with crackers like these gluten free rosemary sesame seed crackers or these gluten free crackers. Or you can serve with carrot sticks or cucumbers stick or celery sticks.
This dip is even perfect to pair with quinoa fritters or even these zucchini & sweet potato fritters.
The choice is endless!
This beet dip will last up to 6 months in the freezer or 4-7 days in your refrigerator. If freezing, place into small freezer friendly containers.
MORE APPETIZERS AND SIDES TO ENJOY
- Prosciutto and Mozzarella Skewers
- Zucchini & Sweet Potato Fritters
- Mango Pineapple Salsa
- Gluten Free Cauliflower Fritters
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
I would love to hear from you. You can either leave a comment below and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please take a photo and share it on Instagram tag #becomingness
Beetroot Dip with Onion and Macadamia
- 3 - 4 beetroots
- 1 onion peeled and roughly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves peeled
- ½ cup macadamias or you can use cashews or blanched almonds
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini either hulled or non-hulled
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C | 360 F
- Place beetroots on baking tray and cover with foil. Cook for 40 minutes. Next, add the onion and garlic to the baking tray, cover with the foil and cook for a further 10 minutes. Finally, add the macadamias to the baking tray , cover with the foil and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Peel the skin off the beetroots (you may want to wear latex gloves for this part) and add to a food processor (or a blender or thermomix) with the onion, garlic, macadamias, lemon juice, tahini, cumin and sea salt and process until your reach your desired consistency.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve with your favourite crackers.
This looks amazing and love the bright colour from the beetroot. Such a fan of beetroot dip.....