These cauliflower fritters will become your new favourite fritter. These easy to make fritters are gluten free and dairy free and they can also be adapted to make them vegan friendly.
You know how much I love my gluten free fritters. So far I have created these Quinoa Fritters and these Zucchini & Sweet Potato Fritters and also these Pumpkin and Zucchini Fritters.
I just had to create a cauliflower version.
They can be adapted slightly to make them vegan friendly too.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Allergy and Intolerance Friendly - these healthy fritters are suitable for people with gluten and dairy allergies & intolerances as well as many other dietary requirements.
Easy to make - These are really easy to make and also store well in your refrigerator or freezer.
Healthy wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket, health store, food markets or on-line store.
- Eggs or replace with mashed potato for vegan
- Almond meal
- Spring onions
- Fresh or dried parsley
- Fresh or dried coriander
- Salt and pepper
- Coconut oil for cooking
CHANGE THE FLAVOURS
You can change up the herbs if your like also, for these fritters I used parsley and coriander. However, you could also use mint and dill or parsley and chives. Change it up to suit your taste buds.
MAKING THEM NUT FREE
You can substitute the almond meal 1-1 with gluten free flour. I have not tested with any other flours yet.
HOW TO MAKE THEM VEGAN
If you can't eat egg or are vegetarian or vegan, then you can replace the egg with mashed potato to make these egg free fritters. You need approximately ¼ cup mashed potato for 1 egg.
Chef In You has a handy guide for replacing egg in various meals.
HOW TO SERVE
These fritters go well with my Healthy Garlic Aioli or you can drizzle some lemon over the top. I like to serve them with a salad, check out this Summer Quinoa Salad or this Roasted Pumpkin and Beetroot Salad
HOW TO STORE THEM
Allow the fritters to cool first before placing them in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. You can enjoy them cold or reheat on a dry frypan on low heat until they are warmed through.
You can freeze them for up to 3 month, but you need to allow them to cool first, then freeze on a baking tray before placing them in a freezable container or zip lock bag. To reheat, first, thaw overnight in your refrigerator, then place on a dry frypan on low heat until warmed through.
Looking for other vegetarian options? then check out:
Mushroom and Spinach Quinoa Risotto
Lastly, if you make these fritters then I would really love to hear from you. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
- 1.5 lbs cauliflower finely grated (or you can process using your food processor)
- 5 oz carrot grated
- 5 eggs replace with mashed potato for vegan
- ⅔ cup almond flour
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander chopped
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2-4 tablespoons coconut oil for cooking
- Process ingredients: Add all ingredients (except coconut oil) to a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Cook fritters: Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to a medium fry pan on moderate-high heat. Measure out patties using a ⅛ sized measuring cup and place in the fry pan. Place as many as you want in the pan, making sure the edges don't touch. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until golden and drain on paper towels.
- Repeat process: Then repeat until you use up all the fritter mixture. You may need to add more coconut oil in between batches.
- Make them vegan friendly by substituting the egg with mashed potato - See Egg Substitutes in Baking | Vegan, Egg Free Substitutes | Chef In You
- Make nut free by substituting the almond flour with gluten free flour.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in your freezer for up to 3 months. See freezing tips in the main post.
- Change up the flavours, mint and dill or parsley and chives also work really well.
Leave a comment below: