My love of fritters continue with these cauliflower fritters. They are gluten and dairy free and suitable for Paleo. They also can be be adapted slightly to make them vegan friendly.
I just had to create a cauliflower version.
They can be be adapted slightly, by swapping the egg with mashed potato so that they are also suitable for Vegan (see Chef In You's post for more info).
You can change up the herbs if your like also, for these fritters I used parsley and coriander. However, you could also use mint and dill or parsley and chives. Change it up to suit your taste buds.
These fritters go well with my Healthy Garlic Aioli or just drizzled with some lemon.
- 1 cauliflower (approx 700 gms | 1.5 lbs), finely grated (or you can process using your food processor)
- 150 gms | 5 ounces carrot, grated
- 5 eggs (replace with mashed potato for vegan)
- ⅔ cup almond meal
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2-4 tablespoons coconut oil (for cooking)
- Add all ingredients (except coconut oil) to a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to a medium fry pan on moderate-high heat. Measure out patties using a ⅛ sized measuring cup and place in the fry pan.. Place as many as you want in the fry pan, making sure the edges don't touch. (I made my fritters around 5cm diameter).
- Cook for a few minutes on each side, until golden and drain on paper towels.
- Then repeat until you use up all the fritter mixture. You may need to add more coconut oil in between batches.
They can be be adapted slightly, by swapping the egg with mashed potato to make them suitable for Vegan (see Chef In You's post for more info).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 35 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 261Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 394mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 19gSugar: 22gProtein: 6g