This Roasted Pumpkin and Beetroot Salad is packed full of amazing flavour and also includes avocado, tomato, baby spinach, rocket and an amazing dressing. It makes a perfect salad for any special occasion and during the cooler months.
I love making this salad when entertaining and I often also make this Avocado Walnut Cranberry Apple Salad.
The heroes of this recipe are definitely the beetroot (also known as beets) and the pumpkin (also known as squash) and they go together so well with the honey mustard dressing and the other salad ingredients.
Table of Contents
Easy to make - This cranberry apple salad is really easy to make and will take around 10 minutes to prepare.
Healthy wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket, health store, food markets or on-line store.
Perfect for any occasion - this salad is great to make when entertaining or even as part of your regular dinner menu.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Baby spinach
- Rocket leaves
- Cherry tomatoes
- Coconut oil or Olive oil
- Coconut vinegar 'balsamic' style or balsamic vinegar
- Honey - use rice malt syrup or maple syrup if you don't eat honey/
- Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and black pepper
Yes, you can use maple syrup or brown rice syrup instead of honey.
As long as you keep the dressing separate from the rest of the salad ingredients, then you can store for 1-2 days maximum.
Looking for other salad recipes? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this salad. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
Roasted Pumpkin and Beetroot Salad
- ½ cup beetroot approximately 4 small beetroot/beets, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin approximately ½ small pumpkin/squash, peeled, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups rockets leaves
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut vinegar 'balsamic style' or balsamic vinegar would also work
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- pinch sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven: Preheat the oven to 375 F / 190 C
- Roast the pumpkin and beetroot: Place pumpkin and beetroot on a baking tray lined with baking paper, cover with coconut oil and bake for about 60 minutes or until soft. Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes.
- Prepare salad dressing: Add the dressing ingredients to either a small bowl and whisk well to combine OR add the dressing ingredients to a jar, put the lid on and shake until the ingredients have combined.
- Prepare the salad: When ready to serve, place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl, then add the dressing and mix thoroughly.