This delicious chorizo egg scramble makes the perfect breakfast or brunch. It combines eggs, Spanish chorizo, baby spinach and red onion in this easy to make one-skillet meal.
I loved it so much, I decided to make another variation of my popular scrambled eggs.
This super chorizo and egg scramble is made in one medium sized skillet and you only need five ingredients:
- Olive oil
- Red onion
- Chorizo (use the Spanish variety)
- Baby Spinach
TIPS & FAQS
This breakfast is perfect for low carb or paleo lifestyles. However, if you are following a keto lifestyle then simply omit the red onion.
Looking for other egg recipes? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 250 grams Spanish chorizo, sliced into smaller pieces
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 6 eggs, lightly whisked
- Cook onion and chorizo. Add oil and onion to a medium sized skillet on low-moderate heat. Next, add the chorizo and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the chorizo has browned.
- Add spinach and eggs. Then add the spinach and stir through until wilted. Next, add the eggs and a pinch of salt t o the pan.
- Finish cooking. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, move the mixture to the center of the pan. Keep doing that every 30 seconds or so until the eggs are cooked. It should only take 2-3 minutes for them to cook to a beautiful soft consistency. Remove from the heat and serve.
If you are following a keto lifestyle then simply omit the red onion
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 575Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 445mgSodium: 1188mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 33g