These turmeric scrambled eggs with spinach are simple, healthy and will make a yummy addition to your breakfast bowl or are great on their own.
If you have tried my super easy spinach scrambled eggs then you will love this variation with turmeric.
Eggs feature very regularly on my breakfast menu, especially when I am following a low carb or keto plan as they are perfect for my macro requirements.
They are easy to make and I usually include them when I make breakfast bowls along with avocado, sweet potato, bacon (or salmon) and tomatoes.
I have been adding turmeric powder to my scrambled eggs for some time now to get some extra health benefits.
Turmeric is a spice which is typically grown in Asia and Central America and it has so many health benefits.
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties, promotes healthy digestion and it is an anti-oxidant.
This recipe is really simple to make. You only need 4 main ingredients:
- Butter (or you can substitute with ghee or coconut oil)
- Turmeric powder
Best of all it takes no time at all to make! You only need 1 minute to prepare and 5 minutes to make. So if you are short on time in the mornings, this breakfast is for you.
MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES USING EGGS
- 3 large eggs
- 1.5 cups raw baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Whisk together the eggs and turmeric in a bowl.
- Melt butter in a medium sized non-stick frypan over moderate heat.
- Add the spinach and mix through the butter until the spinach has wilted.
- Add the turmeric eggs mixture. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, move the eggs to the center of the pan. Keep doing that every 30 seconds or so until the eggs are cooked. It should only take 2-3 minutes for them to cook to a beautiful soft consistency.
- Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve either on it's own or make up a breakfast bowl using other elements like avocado, baby tomato, sweet potato, mushrooms, bacon or salmon.
- You can also use 1 tablespoon of coconut oil instead of the butter to make it dairy free
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 294mgSodium: 318mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 10g