These turmeric scrambled eggs with spinach are simple, healthy and will make a yummy addition to your breakfast bowl or are great on their own.
Gluten & Dairy Free - suitable for people with gluten and dairy/lactose intolerances.
Easy to make - this recipe takes less than 10 minutes.
Healthy wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket, health store, food markets or on-line store.
If you have tried my super easy spinach scrambled eggs then you will love this variation with turmeric.
Eggs feature very regularly on my breakfast menu, especially when I am following a low carb or keto plan as they are perfect for my macro requirements.
They are easy to make and I usually include them when I make breakfast bowls along with avocado, sweet potato, bacon (or salmon) and tomatoes.
I have been adding turmeric powder to my scrambled eggs for some time now to get some extra health benefits.
Turmeric is a spice which is typically grown in Asia and Central America and it has so many health benefits.
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties, promotes healthy digestion and it is an anti-oxidant.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Butter (or you can substitute with ghee or coconut oil)
- Turmeric powder
Looking for other egg recipes? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
- 3 large eggs
- 1.5 cups raw baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Whisk eggs - Whisk together the eggs and turmeric in a bowl.
- Add butter - melt butter in a medium sized non-stick frypan over moderate heat.
- Add spinach - Add the spinach and mix through the butter until the spinach has wilted.
- Cook eggs - Add the turmeric eggs mixture. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, move the eggs to the center of the pan. Keep doing that every 30 seconds or so until the eggs are cooked. It should only take 2-3 minutes for them to cook to a beautiful soft consistency. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve - Serve either on it's own or make up a breakfast bowl using other elements like avocado, baby tomato, sweet potato, mushrooms, bacon or salmon.
- You can also use 1 tablespoon of coconut oil instead of the butter to make it dairy free
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 294mgSodium: 318mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 10g