These Turmeric Scrambled Eggs are simple, healthy, and will make a yummy addition to your breakfast bowl or they work really great on their own.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Gluten & Dairy Free - suitable for people with gluten and dairy/lactose intolerances.
Easy to make - this recipe takes less than 10 minutes.
Healthy wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket, health store, food markets or on-line store.
If you have tried my super easy spinach scrambled eggs then you will love this variation with turmeric.
Eggs feature very regularly on my breakfast menu, especially when I am following a low carb or keto plan as they are perfect for my macro requirements.
They are easy to make and I usually include them when I make breakfast bowls along with avocado, sweet potato, bacon (or salmon) and tomatoes.
I have been adding turmeric powder to my scrambled eggs for some time now to get some extra health benefits.
What is Turmeric?
Turmeric is a spice which is typically grown in Asia and Central America and it has so many health benefits.
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties, promotes healthy digestion and it is an anti-oxidant.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Your choice of grass-fed butter, ghee, coconut oil or olive oil.
- Turmeric powder
HOW TO MAKE TURMERIC EGGS
I love how easy scrambled eggs are to make.
First, you whisk the eggs and turmeric. Then, melt the butter in a frypan over moderate heat. Then you add the spinach and mix it through the butter until it has wilted, then you add the whisked turmeric eggs and cook until you get your preferred egg consistency.
I highly recommend that you keep moving the eggs to the centre with a spatula or wooden spoon every 30 seconds while they are cooking.
Looking for other egg recipes? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
Turmeric Scrambled Eggs
- 3 eggs large
- 1.5 cups spinach baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter or choose from ghee, coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Whisk eggs - Whisk together the eggs and turmeric in a bowl.
- Add butter - melt butter (or your chosen fat) in a medium sized non-stick frypan over moderate heat.
- Add spinach - Add the spinach and mix through the butter until the spinach has wilted.
- Cook eggs - Add the turmeric eggs mixture. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, move the eggs to the center of the pan. Keep doing that every 30 seconds or so until the eggs are cooked. It should only take 2-3 minutes for them to cook to a beautiful soft consistency. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve - Serve either on it's own or make up a breakfast bowl using other elements like avocado, baby tomato, sweet potato, mushrooms, bacon or salmon.
- You can substitute the butter with ghee, olive oil or coconut oil. Choose what works with your dietary requirements. They will all work well.