This Blueberry Crumble with Coconut Whipped Cream is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. You can also make it nut free, by adding extra coconut flakes instead of the flaked almonds.
Blueberry crumble is the perfect dessert for winter! There is nothing like warmed fruit with a tasty crumble.
It is a super easy dessert to prepare and would make a lovely addition to a dinner party menu.
I highly recommend using fresh blueberries over frozen blueberries, as you will not get as much liquid.
However frozen blueberries (I buy an organic brand from Coles) still works well and tastes just as amazing. You just have to be prepared for a bit more liquid.
This blueberry crumble with coconut whipped cream will suit a range of intolerances that your guest may have as it is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. If any of your guests have a nut allergy, then you can also make it nut free by increasing the coconut to replaced the flaked almonds.
- 1 kgs (2.2 lbs) blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup flaked almonds (omit if nut free and add an extra cup of coconut flakes)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 x can coconut cream (270ml | 9 ounces), chilled in fridge overnight or minimum 6 hours
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- To make the coconut whipped cream add the chilled coconut cream to blender with the vanilla extract and maple syrup. Blend until combined well and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat oven to 180 C | 350 F
- Spread the blueberries evenly in a baking dish and sprinkle the coconut sugar over the top. In a bowl combine the shredded coconut, coconut flakes, flaked almonds (if using), cinnamon and the coconut sugar and mix thoroughly to combine. Add the coconut oil to the crumble mixture, mixing until well combined and the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly on top of the blueberries and place into the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cover with foil and then place back into the oven and cook for another 15 minutes
- Rest for 15 minutes and then serve with the coconut whipped cream.
The cook time does not include the time it takes the crumble to cool down.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 5gSugar: 25gProtein: 4g