This Gluten Free Blueberry Crisp is topped with coconut and almond flakes and served with a delicious coconut whipped cream.
Not only is this blueberry crumble gluten-free it is also dairy-free and refined sugar-free. You can also make it nut-free, by adding extra coconut flakes instead of the flaked almonds.
Blueberry crumble is the perfect dessert for winter! There is nothing like warmed fruit with a tasty crumble. Just like this gluten free apple crisp which is one of my favourites.
It is a super easy dessert to prepare and would make a lovely addition to a dinner party menu.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Gluten Free & Dairy Free – without skimping on flavour.
Allergy Friendly – you can make this recipe nut free by a simple substitution.
Low Carb option– You can remove the sweeteners if you want to make this recipe low carb.
- Blueberries - preferably fresh over frozen as you will not get as much liquid.
- Shredded coconut
- Coconut flakes
- Flaked almonds - omit if nut free
- Cinnamon powder
- Coconut sugar
- Coconut oil
Coconut Whipped Cream
- Coconut Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Maple Syrup
I highly recommend using fresh blueberries over frozen blueberries, as you will not get as much liquid.
However, frozen blueberries (I buy an organic brand from Coles) still works well and taste just as amazing. You just have to be prepared for a bit more liquid.
If you or any of your guests have a nut allergy, then you can also make it nut-free by increasing the coconut to replace the flaked almonds.
You can remove the sweeteners to make this recipe low-carb or you could add some low-carb sweeteners.
Looking for other baked dessert recipes? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
Gluten Free Blueberry Crisp
- 2.2 lbs blueberries Preferably fresh, but you can use frozen
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup flaked almonds omit if nut free and add an extra cup of coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 9 oz coconut cream chilled in fridge overnight or minimum 6 hours
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- To make the coconut whipped cream. Add the chilled coconut cream to blender with the vanilla extract and maple syrup. Blend until combined well and refrigerate until needed.
- Prepare oven. Preheat oven to 180 C | 350 F
- Prepare the blueberry crisp. Spread the blueberries evenly in a baking dish and sprinkle the coconut sugar over the top. In a bowl combine the shredded coconut, coconut flakes, flaked almonds (if using), cinnamon and the coconut sugar and mix thoroughly to combine. Add the coconut oil to the crumble mixture, mixing until well combined and the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly on top of the blueberries
- Cook. Place into the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cover with foil and then place back into the oven and cook for another 15 minutes
- Rest before serving. Rest for 15 minutes and then serve with the coconut whipped cream.
- The cook time does not include the time it takes the crumble to cool down.
- Use fresh blueberries if possible as frozen blueberries will make the dessert more watery.
- You can make low-carb by omitting sweeteners or swapping with low-carb options.