This Salmon and Poached Egg Breakfast Salad is made with fresh salmon, poached eggs, avocado and your basic salad ingredients. Best of all is the dairy free hollandaise sauce that tops it off.
I have heard a lot about breakfast salads, but never had gotten around to making one. Don’t make the same mistake as me – go make one this week! Let me tell you they are packed full of nutritious ingredients, they taste amazing, and this one is fairly easy to make.
This breakfast is also perfect if you are following a low carb lifestyle – you get a running start to your vegetable intake for the day, as well as getting some great fats in while avoiding all of the refined carbohydrates that often define a western breakfast.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Gluten Free & Dairy Free – is suitable for people with intolerances and allergies
Change up the ingredients – don’t have all the ingredients? Well you can easily substitute with other ingredients. Variations provided below
Healthy wholefood ingredients – which are easy to find at any supermarket, health food shop, market or online store.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Poached eggs – I have included a link to an easy poached eggs method below.
- Smoked salmon
- Cherry tomatoes
- Baby spinach
- Egg yolks
- Lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Coconut oil or you could try with dairy free butter.
DIFFERENT VARIATIONS YOU COULD TRY
- Roasted sweet potato – either roast the sweet potatoes in the oven or if you have an air fryer then even better. Around 20-25 minutes it takes me to roast potatoes in my air fryer.
- Bacon – who doesn’t love bacon for breakfast.
- Other egg options – boiled eggs, scrambled eggs or fried eggs
- Caramelized onion – See below for my healthy caramelized onion recipe.
- Chorizo or breakfast sausage
I have poached eggs several different ways over the years, but the method I find the easiest is from Not Quite Nigella.
If you are looking for a healthy recipe alternative then try this:
– 1/2 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
– 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
– 2 teaspoons coconut vinegar (balsamic or apple cider style)
– pinch of sea salt
Heat oil in a medium fry pan over low heat. Add the onions and sea salt and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. At this point the onions should have softened, cook for a few more minutes if they have not. Then add the coconut vinegar and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Looking for other breakfast recipes to make? Try these:
Lastly, if you make these truffles then I would really love to hear from you. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
Healthy Breakfast Salad
- 1 cups baby spinach
- 1.75 oz smoked salmon
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 5 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 poached eggs
- 3 eggs yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil or you could use dairy free butter (melted)
- To make the hollandaise sauce: place the egg yolks, lemon juice, sea salt, paprika and pepper in a blender and mix for 10-15 seconds. Then slowly pour the coconut oil (or melted dairy free butter) into the blender (make sure it is set to medium or high speed) and continue mixing until the sauce thickens up.
- To make the salad: place all the ingredients onto plate or bowl and drizzle with the hollandaise sauce.