These baked garlic butter sweet potato fries are so easy to make and they make a great side to so many meals or they are just as awesome on their own.
These Baked Sweet Potato Fries have been on the menu at the Becomingness household for many months now and I have been meaning to photograph them to share with you.
Actually to be honest, I have photographed them a few times, but was not happy with how they photographed. This time, I am happy with how they look, so I am finally able to share my recipe with you.
Originally, I used to make these oven baked fries with a bit of sea salt and some olive or coconut oil.
But recently I tried them with the a garlic butter and they are amazing. They are a hit with my family and also my friends.
- 1 medium sweet potato, washed
- 2 tablespoons organic butter (plus extra for greasing), melted
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven. Preheat oven to 220 C | 430 F and lightly grease a baking tray or sheet.
- Prepare sweet potatoes. Slice sweet potatoes into fries and place them in a bowl. Add melted butter, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix well. Pour over the fries, mixing well to combine.
- Cook fries. Place the fries in a single layer on the baking tray (or sheet) and place in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes or until crispy, turning over at the 15 minute mark. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 642mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g