Healthy loaded sweet potato fries: oven baked sweet potato fries topped with a beef & vegetable mince and avocado and cherry tomatoes. Super easy to make and ready in 45 minutes, this meal will become a regular in your household.
This easy to make healthy sweet potato fries are topped with a super simple beef mince that is loaded with vegetables.
These fries are simpler version of my baked garlic butter sweet potato fries topped with my beef & vegetable mince, plus some sliced avocado and cherry tomatoes. If you are a fan of loaded fries recipes, there is also my other loaded sweet potato fries that is topped with bacon, guacamole and cherry tomatoes.
Simple, Easy to Make Recipe - does not take long to make and is a perfect weeknight meal.
Easily Swap the Veggies - You can change up the vegetables really easily too, so it makes a great meal to serve to your kids so that they get their veggie intake for the day. Zucchini, spinach, celery, capsicum would work really well too!
Gluten & Dairy Free - suitable for people with gluten and dairy/lactose intolerances.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Sweet potato
- Grass fed/organic beef mince
- Brown onion
- Olive oil
- Tomato paste
- Chili powder
HOW TO MAKE
First off, you need to bake the sweet potato in the oven, which would take approximately 35 minutes.
While the sweet potato is cooking, you cook up the beef and vegetable mince and slice the avocado and cherry tomatoes.
Once the sweet potato fries are ready, then you are ready to serve it up.
It also works well as leftovers, just make sure you store your avocado and tomato separately to the mince and fries, so you can easily reheat them.
Looking for other sweet potato recipes? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced into long fry shapes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (you could also use coconut oil)
- 1.1 lbs (500 grams) organic/grass fed beef mince
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 4 mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder (add more if you like it hotter)
- Sea salt
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat - Preheat oven to 220 C | 430 F
- Cook Fries - Place the sweet potato on 1-2 lined baking trays in a single layer. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil and a couple pinches of sea salt. Cook for 35 minutes.
- Cook Mince - While the sweet potato fries are baking, add 1 tablespoon oil to medium saucepan om medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft, approximately 3-4 minutes. Add the mince and crumble with a fork or wooden spoon until there are no clumps remaining. Add the tomato paste, cumin, chili powder and season with the sea salt and pepper. Cook until the mince has browned approximately 10 minutes. Then, add the carrot and mushrooms and reduce the heat to low low and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve - place the sweet potato fries in a bowl or on a plate, then top with the mince, then the avocado and cherry tomatoes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 458Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 287mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 9gSugar: 10gProtein: 13g