This Raw Carrot Cake with Macadamia Frosting is made with healthy wholefood ingredients and so easy to make. It is vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free.
This carrot cake is one of my first recipes that I shared on Becomingness in early 2014. I originally found the recipe over at The Rawsome Vegan Life.
The original is made with cashew cream cheese frosting and my version is made with macadamia frosting. However, you can easily substitute the macadamias with cashews if you prefer.
Since 2014, I have amended the recipe even further and made it easier to make. My original version involved making several layers of the cake but for the 2020 updated version, I have kept it quite simple with two layers, the cake layer and the macadamia frosting layer.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RAW CAKE
- It is really easy to make, like super simple!
- It is vegan, which makes it dairy free. Plus it is also gluten free and refined sugar free.
- You can decorate it however you like to make it look extra special.
- It is made with healthy wholefood ingredients.
- And finally, it tastes absolutely amazing.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Almond meal
- Medjool dates
- Shredded or desiccated coconut
- You could soak the macadamias for a few hours before making the frosting to make the frosting more creamier. However, it is not mandatory as the frosting will still be amazing.
- I added 1/2 cup of water to my frosting when processing. But you may find you need less or more than that.
- You may need to process the cake ingredients in smaller batches, depending on the size of your food processor or blender.