Prosciutto and Mozzarella Skewers (or Prosciutto and Bocconcini Skewers as they are called in Australia) are one of my favourite appetizers. The combination of prosciutto, mozzarella, tomato and fresh basil is hard to beat. They are the perfect appetizer for Christmas or any celebration.
I love making these skewers whenever I have guests over or get asked to bring a plate to a party. They are always a hit as they taste amazing and they look really good. They are great around Christmas time as the ingredients are the perfect Christmas colours
I don't normally share to many recipes with dairy in them, however these are an exception as they are so good.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Mozzarella balls (or cherry bocconcini)
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Fresh basil leaves
- Salt & pepper
- You can use either mozzarella balls or cherry bocconcini. They are the same thing.
- I do recommend getting good quality prosciutto as it will be a lot softer and easier to eat. Some cheap prosciutto can be tough and not enjoyable.
- You can make these 4 hours ahead of time.
- 8 slices prosciutto, sliced lengthways
- 16 small mozzarella balls (or cherry bocconcini)
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- Sea salt & black pepper, to season
- 16 toothpicks or mini skewers
- Prepare skewers. Roll up one piece of the prosciutto and thread onto a toothpick (or skewer). Then wrap one of the small mozzarella balls with one of the basil leaves, thread onto the toothpick, then add one of the cherry tomato halves. Place on a plate or in a bowl
- Repeat process. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Once all the skewers are placed on a plate or in a bowl, season with salt and pepper.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 579mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 10g