This super easy 5 minute hummus is the easiest and tastiest hummus ever and is made with simple ingredients - chick peas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and cumin!
I have been meaning to share my best hummus recipe for ages now!
Home made hummus is my absolute favourite dip.
I make this easy hummus every 1-2 weeks, especially when I am entertaining or if I am asked to bring something to a party, picnics & playdates.
It goes really well with Rosemary and Sesame Seed Crackers or Paleo Crackers. However if you are short on time, my favourite store bought crackers are Ceres Organics Brown Rice Crackers with Chia and Carman's Rosemary & Sea Salt Super Seed & Grain Crackers.
This 5 minute hummus also goes well with carrot and celery sticks or you can use in your Buddha bowl or salad.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE
- Chick peas
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Cumin powder
- Salt and pepper
Once you have prepped your ingredients, which should only take you a few minutes, you simply add all the ingredients into either a high speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
If you want it a bit runnier, then you can add a bit more chick pea juice or even some water.
You can easily make a double or triple batch of this super easy 5 minute hummus if you have a big party organised or you want to freeze some.
This hummus will last for months in the freezer and 4-7 days in your refrigerator.
- 400 gms/ 14oz canned chick peas, drained (reserve liquid and a few extra chickpeas to garnish)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons chick pea liquid
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus more for drizzling)
- 1 small garlic clove, minced (or sliced finely)
- 1 tsp cumin powder (or 1 drop cumin essential oil)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Pinch of Paprika (for decoration)
- Add all the ingedients to a high speed blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Spoon into a bowl and drizzle some olive oil, sprinkle some paprika and top with the extra chicke peas.
- Use a larger garlic clove if you like the garlic to be a bit stronger.
- If you want it a bit runnier, then simply add some water or more of the chick pea juice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 66Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g