This Simple Five Minute Hummus is the easiest and tastiest hummus ever and is made with easy to find ingredients – chick peas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and cumin!
I have been meaning to share my best hummus recipe for ages now!
Home made hummus is my absolute favourite dip. I have also made a Beetroot Hummus.
I make this easy hummus every 1-2 weeks, especially when I am entertaining or if I am asked to bring something to a party, picnics & playdates.
No additives or preservatives – this recipe is made using wholefood ingredients and does not contain any nasty additives and preservatives like make of the store bought dips do.
Easy to make – This hummus dip is so easy to prepare and it also lasts ages.
Freezer friendly – place into small freezer friendly containers and place in the freezer for up to 6 months.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Chick peas
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Cumin powder
- Salt and pepper
It goes really well with Rosemary and Sesame Seed Crackers or Paleo Crackers. However if you are short on time, my favourite store bought crackers are Ceres Organics Brown Rice Crackers with Chia and Carman’s Rosemary & Sea Salt Super Seed & Grain Crackers.
This 5 minute hummus also goes well with carrot and celery sticks or you can use in your Buddha bowl or salad.
You can easily make a double or triple batch of this hummus if you have a big party organised or you want to freeze some.
You can add a bit more chick pea juice or even some water to make the hummus a thinner consistency.
This hummus will last up to 6 months in the freezer or 4-7 days in your refrigerator. If freezing, place into small freezer friendly containers.
Looking for other dip recipes? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
Simple Five Minute Hummus
- 14 oz chick peas canned, drained (reserve liquid and a few extra chickpeas to garnish)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons chick pea liquid
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1 garlic clove small, minced (or sliced finely)
- 1 tsp cumin powder or 1 drop cumin essential oil
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Pinch Paprika for decoration
- Process Ingredients – Add all the ingedients to a high speed blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve – Spoon into a bowl and drizzle some olive oil, sprinkle some paprika and top with the extra chicke peas.
- Use a larger garlic clove if you like the garlic taste to be stronger.
- If you want it a bit runnier, then simply add some water or more of the chick pea juice