This super easy 5 minute hummus is the easiest and tastiest hummus ever and is made with simple ingredients - chick peas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and cumin!
I have been meaning to share my best hummus recipe for ages now!
Home made hummus is my absolute favourite dip.
I make this easy hummus every 1-2 weeks, especially when I am entertaining or if I am asked to bring something to a party, picnics & playdates.
Table of Contents
No additives or preservatives - this recipe is made using wholefood ingredients and does not contain any nasty additives and preservatives like make of the store bought dips do.
Easy to make - This hummus dip is so easy to prepare and it also lasts ages.
Freezer friendly - place into small freezer friendly containers and place in the freezer for up to 6 months.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE
- Chick peas
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Cumin powder
- Salt and pepper
TIPS & FAQS
Can I make extra quantities of this hummus?
Can I make this hummus runnier?
Can I freeze this hummus?
What can I serve this hummus with?
This 5 minute hummus also goes well with carrot and celery sticks or you can use in your Buddha bowl or salad.
Looking for other dip recipes? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
- 400 gms/ 14oz canned chick peas, drained (reserve liquid and a few extra chickpeas to garnish)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons chick pea liquid
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus more for drizzling)
- 1 small garlic clove, minced (or sliced finely)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (or 1 drop cumin essential oil)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Pinch of Paprika (for decoration)
- Process Ingredients. Add all the ingedients to a high speed blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve. Spoon into a bowl and drizzle some olive oil, sprinkle some paprika and top with the extra chicke peas.
- Use a larger garlic clove if you like the garlic to be a bit stronger.
- If you want it a bit runnier, then simply add some water or more of the chick pea juice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 66Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g