This Chunky Guacamole is made with the freshest of ingredients and is a recipe that everyone should have in their recipe toolkit. It works well as an appetizer or as part of your main meal.
I knew of an awesome Curtis Stone recipe for guacamole, so I decided to make it and have adapted it slightly.
It is an absolute winner: an easy snack when you don’t feel like cooking too much or your new gluten-free go-to finger food when entertaining guests.
It also works well when cooking Mexican recipes and goes so well with this Mango Pineapple Salsa.
Ingredients You Need
- Avocado – you want to ensure that the avocado you pick is ripe so you can easily make the recipe. I have some tips further down the post.
- Cherry tomatoes – these work really well as they have less juice than cutting up regular tomatoes. so you end up with a nice thick guacamole.
- Red onion
- Fresh coriander – I highly recommend you use coriander as it is a staple in Mexican food, but if you really do not like it, you could use parsley.
- Ground cumin
- Chili flakes
- Sea salt
How to Pick the Perfect Avocado
You want to ensure you pick an avocado that is ripe and perfect to use in your guacamole. When picking an avocado, give it a light squeeze, It should feel slightly softened but not mushy.
Also, check for the stem, if it has been removed then it is most likely brown inside. If the stem is there and you can easily peel if off, then the avocado is ready to use.
Guacamole is best enjoyed on the day you make it as the avocado tends to turn brown easily after a day or so. There are lots of hacks out there to try and keep the guacamole fresh and green in the refrigerator.
One hack that is popular, is to place any leftover guacamole in a storage container and then flatten the top down with the back of spoon. Then cover with approximately 1/2inch/1cm water and place the lid on and keep stored in your refrigerator. It should last up to 3 days.
Looking for other dip recipes? Try these:
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- 2 avocados pitted peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1-2 limes juiced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons coriander finely chopped
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes you can increase the amount if desired
- Pinch of sea salt
- All all ingredients to a medium and bowl and gently mix to combine.