This easy to make Beetroot Hummus will be a winner at your next dinner party or get-together. It involves minimal prep and only a few ingredients.
I love making my own dips! Not only are they really easy to make. But I love to know that there are no additives or preservatives in my dips, just healthy wholefood ingredients.
No additives or preservatives – this recipe is made using wholefood ingredients and does not contain any nasty additives and preservatives like make of the store bought dips do.
Easy to make – This beetroot hummus dip is so easy to prepare and it also lasts ages.
Freezer friendly – place into small freezer friendly containers and place in the freezer for up to 6 months.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Fresh beetroot
- Canned chickpeas
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cumin powder
- Sea salt
- Black Pepper
HOW TO MAKE
You need to roast the beetroot for approximately 50 minutes. Then you need to allow the beetroot to cool.
Once cooled, then peel the skin, then chop into smaller pieces and add to a high speed blender or food processor with the rest of the ingredients.
It is super easy to make
Looking for other dip recipes? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
- 1 beetroot small
- 14 oz canned chickpeas drained
- 1/2 lemon large size, juiced
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons tahini heaped tablespoons
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pre-heat. Pre-heat oven to 180 deg rees.
- Cook Beetroot. Place beetroot on baking tray and cover with foil. Cook for 50 minutes. Allow the beetroot to cool and then peel.
- Process ingredients. Add all ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor and blend until creamy.