This easy to make beetroot hummus will be a winner at your next dinner party or get-together. It involves minimal prep and only a few ingredients.
I love making my own dips! Not only are they really easy to make. But I love to know that there are no additives or preservatives in my dips, just healthy wholefood ingredients.
Just like my roasted beet hummus which is made with only a handful of easy to find ingredients.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Fresh beetroot
- Canned chickpeas
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cumin powder
- Sea salt
- Black Pepper
HOW TO MAKE
You need to roast the beetroot for approximately 50 minutes. Then you need to allow the beetroot to cool.
Once cooled, then peel the skin, then chop into smaller pieces and add to a high speed blender or food processor with the rest of the ingredients.
It is super easy to make
OTHER DIPS TO TRY
- 1 small beetroot
- 400 grams canned chickpeas, drained
- ½ large lemon juiced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 heaped tablespoons tahini
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place beetroot on baking tray and cover with foil. Cook for 50 minutes.
- Allow the beetroot to cool and then peel.
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender
or food processor and blend until creamy.
The cook and prep time does not include the time needed for the beetroot to cool down.