This Gluten Free Orange and Almond Cake is moist and packed full of delicious flavour. This orange and almond cake is made using simple ingredients and is one of the easiest cakes you will ever make.
Ever since I shared my flourless almond and lemon cake I knew that I had to next make an orange almond cake recipe. This cake does not disappoint. It is moist, delicious and will be a hit at your next dinner party.
Gluten & Dairy Free - suitable for people with gluten and dairy/lactose intolerances.
Easy to Make - this recipe involves a couple of simple steps and will be ready in less than 1 hour.
Healthy wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket, health store, food markets or on-line store.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Eggs - make sure the eggs are at room temperature.
- Orange zest and juice from 1 orange
- Maple syrup - honey or rice malt syrup also works
- Vanilla extract
- Almond flour or meal
- Baking powder
- Flaked almonds
HOW TO MAKE
Making this flourless orange almond cake involves a couple of simple steps.
First you need to whisk together your wet ingredients (eggs, orange juice, maple syrup and vanilla extract) and your orange zest in a large bowl. Then you add your dry ingredients (almond meal, baking powder and cardamom) to the bowl, mixing well to combine.
Then you pour into a lined round baking pan. You could also use a square baking tin or any shape you desire around the 20-23cm size.
Then place the flaked almonds on top. You can make up any pretty design you like here. I would love to see your creations of what you went with.
Then place in the oven and cook for 35 minutes
Super easy hey!!
You can eat it this cake on its own or you could drizzle some paleo lemon curd over the top.
TIPS & FAQS
It is best to use room temperature eggs to make this cake and baked goods. The mixture will mix more evenly and you will get more volume. If you are ever wondering why your baked desserts look flat then this could be the reason.
You can store this cake in your fridge for up to 5 days or in your freezer for 3 months when stored in an air-tight container.
Looking for other baked dessert recipes? Try these:
- Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Bread
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Gluten Free Banana Muffins
- Gluten Free Fudge Brownies with Macadamias
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Gluten Free Orange and Almond cake
- 4 eggs
- 1 orange zest and juice
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cardamon
- ⅓ cup Flaked almonds for decorating
- Pre-heat. Pre-heat the oven to 175 C | 350 F.
- Wet Ingredients. Whisk together the eggs, orange zest, orange juice, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a large sized bowl.
- Add Dry Ingredients. Add the almond meal, baking powder and cardamom to the wet mixture, mixing well to combine. Pour the mixture into a greased and line round baking pan (23cm diameter) and decorate with the .almonds.
- Bake. Place into the oven for 35 minutes to cook or until and inserted skewer withdraws clean.
- Allow to cool. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then place onto a wire rack to cool for a further 5-10 minutes.