This gluten free flourless orange and almond cake is moist and packed full of delicious flavour. It is made using simple ingredients and is one of the easiest cakes to make.
Ever since I shared my flourless almond and lemon cake I knew that I had to next try an orange almond cake.
This gluten free orange almond cake is one of the easiest cakes that you will make. It only involves a few steps and best of all is made using ingredients that you will find in any supermarket.
SO WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED
- Orange zest
- Fresh orange juice
- Pure maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Almond meal
- Baking powder
- Flaked almonds
Making this flourless orange almond involves a couple of simple steps.
First you need to whisk together your wet ingredients (eggs, orange juice, maple syrup and vanilla extract) and your orange zest in a large bowl. Then you add your dry ingredients (almond meal, baking powder and cardamom) to the bowl, mixing well to combine.
Then you pour into a lined round baking pan. You could also use a square baking tin or any shape you desire around the 20-23cm size.
Then place the flaked almonds on top. You can make up any pretty design you like here. I would love to see your creations of what you went with.
Then place in the oven and cook for 35 minutes
Super easy hey!!
You can eat it this cake on its own or you could drizzle some paleo lemon curd over the top.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
The Tastiest Ever Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Bread
- 4 eggs
- Zest from 1 orange
- Juice from 1 orange
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamon
- Flaked almonds for decorating
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 C | 350 F.
- Whisk together the eggs, orange zest, orange juice, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a large sized bowl.
- Next, add the almond meal, baking powder and cardamon to the wet mixture, mixing well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and line round baking pan (23cm diameter) and decorate with the flaked almonds.
- Place into the oven for 35 minutes to cook or until an inserted skewer withdraws clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then place onto a wire rack to cool for a further 5-10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 95mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 5g