The tastiest gluten free chocolate chip cookies ever. Made with 7 easy-to-find ingredients and the recipe is super simple to make.
I have been recipe testing gluten free chocolate chip cookies for awhile now and I struggled to find the right ingredient combination.
These choc chip cookies are based on my ginger cookie recipe and are so easy to make. Best of all the ingredients can be bought at your local supermarket!
First you need to prepare the batter, which you have to be careful not to eat all the dough up.
Gluten Free - suitable for people with gluten and dairy intolerances.
Easy to Make - this recipe involves several simple steps and less than 30 minutes to prepare and make
Healthy wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket, health food store, food market or on-line.
- Almond meal
- Tapioca/arrowroot powder
- Baking powder
- Sea salt
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Chocolate chips (can be milk, dark, dairy free, sugar free)
HOW TO MAKE
Make the cookie dough
Add the wet ingredients to a large bowl and mix well to ensure that there is no clumps. Then add the wet ingredients and mix to get a crumbly dough. Then fold the chocolate chips through the mixture.
Form into balls
Then you use a soup spoon to scoop out the dough and roll into balls. I recommended having slightly damp hands so that the batter does not stick to your hands.
Bake the cookies
Then cook for approximately 20 minutes! This will ensure that the outside is crunch and the middle soft.
TIPS AND FAQS
I would allow at least 20 minutes for the cookies to firm up before you enjoy them. They will still be warm but will have firmed up enough to enjoy as a cookie.
You can use whatever one you like that is suited to your dietary needs? Regular, dairy free, sugar free, carob and cacao nibs will all work. You can also use milk chocolate, dark, white! To keep the recipe dairy free, you will need to use dairy free chocolate chips or cacao nibs.
Looking for other cookie recipes? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
- 1 + ½ cups almond meal
- ¼ cup arrowroot/tapioca powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (can be milk, dark, dairy free, sugar free)
- Pre-heat: Pre-heat oven to 170 C | 340 F.
- Add Dry Ingredients: Add almond meal, arrowroot/tapioca, baking powder and sea salt to a medium sized bowl, mixing well, ensuring that there are no clumps.
- Add Wet Ingredients: Add the coconut oil and maple syrup and mix until you form a crumbly dough.
- Add Chocolate Chips: Then add the chocolate chips, folding through the mixture.
- Form Balls: Use a soup spoon to scoop out mounds of the cookie dough. Use slightly damp hands to shape the cookies into 12 balls and placed on a lined baking tray.
- Bake Cookies: Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Allow to Cool: Allow to cool for 20 minutes on the baking tray, before placing on a wire rack to cool further. At this point you could eat them as they are delicious warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 104Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g