Gluten Free Ginger Cookies - These gluten free cookies are flavoured with ginger, cinnamon and clove and they are a massive hit with the kids!
These ginger cookies are made primarily with almond meal and there flavour comes from ginger, cinnamon and clove. You can either use essential oils or powder. Either works really well and gives the cookies so much flavour.
The kids absolutely loved them! In fact, after I photographed the cookies, they were pretty much all gobbled up.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Almond meal
- Arrowroot or tapioca flour
- Sea salt
- Gluten free baking powder
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Ground ginger (or ginger essential oil)
- Ground cinnamon (or cinnamon/cassia essential oil)
- Ground cloves (or clove essential oil)
MORE COOKIE RECIPES
- 1 + 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 drops ginger essential oil (or 2 teaspoons ground ginger)
- 2 drops cinnamon bark essential oil ( or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon)
- 1 drop clove essential oil (1 teaspoon ground cloves)
- Pre-heat oven to 170 C | 340 F
- Add dry ingredients, mixing well, ensuring that there are no clumps from the almond meal.
- Add coconut oil and maple syrup to a glass bowl, whisking well to combine. Then add the essential oils.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix well.
- Use soup spoon to scoop out mounds of the cookie dough. Use slightly damp hands to shape the cookies how you want them and place them on a lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, depending if you want the outsides to be soft or crunchy.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 137Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g