These Gluten Free Ginger Cookies are soft, chewy and flavoured with beautiful spices. They are perfect for the festive season and will be a massive hit with the kids!
These ginger cookies are made primarily with almond meal and the flavour comes from ginger, cinnamon and clove. You can either use essential oils or powderl. Either works really well and gives the cookies so much flavour.
Table of Contents
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Intolerance & Allergy Friendly - suitable for people with gluten, dairy, and egg intolerances.
Easy to Make - these cookies take 10 minutes to prepare and less than 30 minutes to bake.
Healthy wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket, health food store, food market or on-line.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Almond meal
- Arrowroot or tapioca flour
- Sea salt
- Baking powder
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Ground ginger (or ginger essential oil)
- Ground cinnamon (or cinnamon/cassia essential oil)
- Ground cloves (or clove essential oil)
I would allow at least 10 minutes for the cookies to firm up before you enjoy them.
You can keep them stored in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
Looking for other cookie recipes? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make these cookies. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
Gluten Free Ginger Cookies
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger 2 drops ginger oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 2 drops cinnamon/cassia oil
- 1 teaspoons ground cloves 2 drops clove oil
- Pre-heat oven: Pre-heat oven to 170 C | 340 F
- Prepare dry ingredients: Add dry ingredients, mixing well, ensuring that there are no clumps from the almond meal.
- Add remaining ingredients: Add coconut oil and maple syrup to a glass bowl, whisking well to combine. Add the food essential oils if using at this step.
- Combine mixtures: Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix well.
- Shape cookies: Use soup spoon to scoop out mounds of the cookie dough. Use slightly damp hands to shape the cookies how you want them and place them on a lined baking tray.
- Bake: Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, depending if you want the outsides to be soft or crunchy.
- Allow to cool: Leave to cool for 10 minutes.