This raw bounty slice is super healthy and is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. It is one seriously epic raw dessert and comes with a date free base.
How yummy does my Bounty Slice look?
The coconut filling which is from my raw bounty bites recipe, was the basis for making this dessert. It is so tasty!
I originally got the inspiration to make raw bounty bites from the classic chocolate bar - Bounty. I wanted to create a much healthier version which made with wholefood ingredients free from additives and preservatives.
The bars were such a hit with friends and especially my kids, I decided to make a raw bounty slice.
Gluten & Dairy Free - suitable for people with gluten and dairy/lactose intolerances.
Date Free Base - you can use this base component in my other raw slice recipes if you are wanting less dates in your slice.
Healthy wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket, health store, food markets or on-line store.
- Cashews or macadamias
- Almond meal
- Shredded coconut
- Raw cacao powder
- Coconut milk
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Sea salt
RECIPE TIPS & FAQS
You can use this base with my other raw slices and even my mini slice bites. However, if you are making the slice bites, you may need to half the recipe.
Make sure that you allow it to freeze for 3-4 hours before you slice it, so that the coconut layer is completely frozen. Otherwise the chocolate layer may split when you slice it.
However, the slice can be hard to slice when it is completely frozen, so I suggest running the knife under hot water and dry with a tea towel. But please be careful not to burn yourself!
The result is AMAZING and so worth the extra time to let it set!
Looking for other coconut dessert recipes? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
- ½ cup cashews or macadamias
- ⅔ cup almond meal
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup coconut milk, canned variety
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups organic shredded coconut
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- Make base layer. Process the cashews, almond meal, coconut oil, maple syrup in a blender or food processor until they resemble crumbs. Spoon mixture into a lined square baking tin (20x20cm) and smooth with the back of a spoon. Place in the freezer while you make the coconut layer.
- Make coconut layer. Add the melted coconut oil and coconut milk to a medium size bowl and whisk to combine well (you want to make sure that there is no separation between the oil and milk). Next, add the maple syrup, vanilla extract and sea salt and mix well. Then, add the shredded coconut and mix until well combined. Pour over the base, smooth with the back of a spoon and place back into the freezer while you make the chocolate layer.
- Make chocolate layer. Melt the coconut oil in saucepan on low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and add the maple syrup, whisking briskly until well combined. Then add the cacao powder, stirring until well mixed through. Pour the chocolate on top of the coconut layer and make sure it is evenly spread. Place back into the freezer and let it set completely. You want to ensure that all layers are frozen, so it may take 3-4 hours.
- Slice & store. Remove from the tin, slice straight away and store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- You may need to run the knife under hot water to make it easier to slice and for the top chocolate layer to not crack.
- Cook time does not include the time it takes for the raw bounty slice to freeze — approximately 3-4 hours, depending on the temperature of your freezer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 72mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g