The addition of peppermint takes these Peppermint Coconut Rough Bliss Balls to the next level. Made with only 6 ingredients these chocolate coconut balls are gluten free, dairy free, nut free and refined sugar free, making them perfect for lunchboxes.
Healthy coconut rough has been one of my post popular recipes on Becomingness and over the years I have added different flavour combinations and recently I have made them into coconut rough bliss balls.
These chocolate coconut date bliss balls have been so popular that I decided they needed to made into a new flavour combination – peppermint!
You can use either peppermint essential oil or even peppermint extract to flavour these bliss balls. 5 drops is plenty to give them the amazing peppermint flavour.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Perfect for Lunchboxes – They are the perfect addition to your child’s lunchbox as they are nut free and refined sugar free.
Gluten Free & Dairy Free – perfect for anyone with intolerance and allergies.
Easy to Make – These chocolate coconut balls are made using 6 ingredients and are super easy to make.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Medjool dates – if you use regular dates then you run the risk of the mixture not sticking together and you may need some nut butter or coconut oil to help them stick together. So stick to medjool dates and you will not have an issue
- Shredded coconut
- Cacao powder
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Peppermint essential oil or peppermint extract. If using essential oil, make sure you use a food grade quality oil
HOW TO MAKE
Making these bliss balls is super simple.
- Just add all the ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender and then process until the ingredients are well combined.
- Then you need to roll into balls and place on a lined baking tray (or plate) and put into the refrigerator to set.
They should only take one hour to set and you can keep them stored in your fridge.
I highly recommend using Medjool dates to make these bliss balls and any other raw dessert recipe that require dates and I always state in the ingredients listing to use Medjool dates.
Medjool dates are sticky so they really bind together all the ingredients really well.
If you use regular dates, you will most likely find that the mixture will not hold and you will need to use a little bit of coconut oil or nut butter to make the bliss balls.
Yes you can! You can keep stored in your refrigerator for up to 1 week or you can store in the freezer for up to 6 months. You will need to allow approximately 15 minutes to thaw them out before eating.
Looking for other easy to make raw treats? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
Peppermint Coconut Rough Bliss Balls
- 10 medjool dates
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 drops peppermint (food-grade) essential oil or peppermint extract
- Process Ingredients. Add ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor and process until ingredients are well combined.
- Roll into balls. Rolls into bliss balls and place on a lined baking tray (or plate) and put into the refrigerator to set.
- Storing. Keep stored in the refrigerator until ready to eat.