These pumpkin and zucchini fritters are perfect either as a snack or as a main meal served with a salad. Make a big batch ahead of time to cover you for the week. Best of all they are super easy to make.
You must know by now that I am a big fan of fritters!
These healthy fritters are gluten, dairy and full of healthy wholefoods. They are also infused with cilantro and thyme essential oils, however you can also use fresh herbs.
I love to make a big batch of these on the weekend to enjoy over a few days or to cover me for lunches for the week.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
- Grate the pumpkin and zucchini and then squeeze out as much excess moisture as possible.
- Next, add to a large bowl with the all the ingredients (except the coconut oil) and mix together really well.
- Then, you start to cook them in an oiled fry pan on low-moderate heat.
- I use a soup spoon to scoop out a heaped amount of the mixture and place in the frypan. You can cook a few at time as long as the edges do not touch.
- Cook a few minutes on each side and then drain on a plate lined with paper towe.
How easy is that!!
- 500 grams (1.1 lbs) zucchini, grated
- 500 grams (1.1lbs) kent pumpkin, grated
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 drop cilantro oil (or 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped)
- 1 drop thyme oil (or 1 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped)
- 2-4 tablespoons coconut oil (for cooking)
1. Add grated zucchini and grated pumpkin to a colander, add a pinch of sea salt, mixing through the zucchini and pumpkin. Let sit for at least 15 minutes, then squeeze out as much excess moisture as possible.
2. Add to a large bowl with the remaining ingredients (except the coconut oil), mixing thoroughly.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to a medium fry pan on low-moderate heat. Using a soup spoon, scoop out a heaped spoon of the fritter mixture and place in the fry pan and flatten a little. Place as many as you want in the fry pan, making sure the edges don't touch. (I made my fritters around 6-7cm diameter).
4. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until lightly golden and drain on paper towels.
5. Then repeat until you use up all the fritter mixture. You may need to add more coconut oil in between batches.
6. Serve with a salad or enjoy on their own as a snack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g