This Summer Quinoa Salad with Avocado, Cherry Tomato & Roast Pumpkin is a super healthy, easy to make salad that everyone in the family will love.
I am a big fan of making delicious healthy salads and this one does not disappoint.
It is one of the earliest salad recipes that I shared on Becomingness, but I have since modified it a little so I decided to take some new photos and share my modified version.
In this version I have added baby spinach and also a honey mustard dressing that I found over at Pinch of Yum which really makes the salad even more amazing. If you are vegan you can simply make the dressing with maple syrup instead of honey.
Great way to use up your leftover quinoa – this is a great recipe to include in your weekly meal plan as you can use up leftover quinoa from other recipes.
Allergy and intolerance friendly - this recipe is suitable for people with gluten, dairy, nut allergies & intolerances as well as many other dietary requirements.
Healthy wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket, health store, food markets or on-line store.
- Roast Pumpkin
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Baby Spinach
HOW TO PREPARE
You need to roast your pumpkin first and also cook the quinoa, however you can make these two parts ahead of time if that works better for you.
Once you have done that, the rest of the salad is super easy to prepare. Simply slice up the avocado and cherry tomato and then place into the bowls and top with the dressing.
Looking for other salad recipes? Try these:
HEALTHY CHICKEN, QUINOA AND VEGETABLE SALAD
BEETROOT & CARROT SALAD WITH MOROCCAN DRESSING
PUMPKIN, BEETROOT & AVOCADO SALAD
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
Summer Quinoa Salad
Summer Quinoa Salad with Avocado, Cherry Tomato & Roast Pumpkin is a super healthy, easy to make salad that everyone in the family will love.
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 400 grams (14 ounces) pumpkin, skin removed and cubed
- 24 cherry tomatoes, sliced into halves
- 2 avocados, sliced into small pieces
- 4 cups baby spinach
Honey Mustard Dressing
- ¼ cup raw/organic honey (use maple syrup if vegan)
- ¼ cup organic mayo
- ¼ cup organic dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon organic white wine vinegar
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pre-heat. Pre-heat oven to 190C/375F
- Cook Pumpkin. Place pumpkin on a baking tray, lined with baking paper. Toss with olive oil and salt and cook for 60 minutes or until cooked. Allow to cool for a 5-10 minutes
- Cook quinoa. Place the quinoa in a medium saucepan with 4 cup of water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the water has been absorbed. Set aside to cool
- Make Dressing. To make the dressing, add the ingredients to a jar, put the lid on and shake until combined.
- Assemble. Place the quinoa and spinach on the bottom of each bowl and top with the cherry tomato, pumpkin and avocado. Top with the dressing and enjoy
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 465Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 536mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 12gSugar: 22gProtein: 9g
Leave a comment below: