These Strawberry Chocolates are made with 5 ingredients and are gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free.
It's Valentine's Day today and what better way to spoil your special someone than with home made chocolates - they are delicious, and you'll feel like a chocolatier!
These chocolates are fairy easy to make, the longest part of the process is waiting for them to set. So, it you can hold out for a few hours, they are really worth waiting for.
If you are after some more desserts to impress your loved one, then you should make my Raw Caramel Macadamia Bliss Balls, Raw Bounty Bites and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls.
Happy Valentine's Day.
Raw Strawberry Chocolates
- ½ cup fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup raw macadamias (or cashews)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (rice malt syrup would also work)
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- ⅔ cup coconut oil
- 2 + ½ tablespoons pure maple syrup (rice malt syrup would also work)
- ⅔ cup raw cacao powder
- To make the strawberry filling, blend all filling ingredients until smooth. Place in the freezer to firm up, approximately 1 hour.
- To make the chocolate coating, melt the coconut oil in a saucepan on low heat. Once melted, remove from heat, add the maple syrup, whisking briskly until well combined. Then add the cacao powder, stirring until well mixed through.
- Half fill each mold with the chocolate mixture and place into the freezer to set for 10 minutes.
- Once the strawberry mixture has firmed up enough, place a small dollop in the center of each chocolate and then cover with the remaining chocolate. Place back in the freezer to set , approximately 2 hours.
- Keep in the freezer and take out 5 minutes before serving.
The cook time does not include the time it takes for the for the chocolates to set in the freezer.
Leave a comment below: