These bite-sized No Bake Carrot Cake Balls are very tasty, not too sweet and so easy to make! They will become your new fave go-to healthy snack.
I am always on mission to bring you healthy treats that are easy to make - like these !
These are an adaptation of my Raw Vegan Carrot Cake recipe, and while I have traded out the macadamia frosting, we instead get bite-sized carrot cake bites that are rich, very tasty, and not too sweet.
Table of Contents
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Gluten & dairy free - these healthy carrot cale bliss balls are suitable for people with gluten and dairy allergies & intolerances as well as many other dietary requirements.
Easy to make - this recipe takes 10 minutes to make (15mins if you add the optional step) and approximately 30 minutes to set.
Healthy wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Medjool dates
- Almond meal or Almond flour
- Shredded coconut - optional but totally worth it
WHY YOU MUST USE MEDJOOL DATES
I highly recommend using Medjool dates to make these bliss balls and any other raw dessert recipe that require dates and I always state in the ingredients listing to use Medjool dates.
Medjool dates are sticky so they really bind together all the ingredients really well. If you use regular dates, you will most likely find that the mixture will not hold and you will need to use a little bit of coconut oil or nut butter to make the bliss balls.
HOW TO MAKE THESE BALLS
This is one of the easiest dessert recipes to make and take hardly any time to make. These bliss balls take 10-15 minutes to make using your food processor or high-speed blender and approximately 30 minutes to firm up in your freezer.
HOW TO BEST STORE THEM
These are best to store in your freezer as they soften quite easily. You can store them for up to 6 months. You will need to allow 5 minutes to thaw them out before eating.
Want to make some other bliss ball recipes? Try these:
Lastly, if you make these bliss balls then I would really love to hear from you. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
No Bake Carrot Cake Balls
- 2 carrots large, peeled and cut into smaller chunks
- 2 cups medjool dates seeds removed (do not use regular dates)
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Shredded coconut or desiccated Coconut
- Process ingredients: Add all the ingredients (except the desiccated coconut, if using) to a high speed blender (or food processor) and process until well combined and the mixture sticks together.
- Roll into balls: Roll the mixture into small balls and place on a lined baking tray and place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until ready to eat.
- Optional Step: Remove from the freezer and roll in the coconut. Place back in the freezer until ready to eat.