This chia Breakfast Parfait with gluten-free granola is a simple-to-make breakfast that is made with three delicious make-ahead elements – chia pudding, granola and fresh berries. Best of all it is gluten-free and dairy-free.
This make ahead gluten-free and dairy-free parfait looks and tastes amazing, making it a great breakfast to serve to guests (or just for you!)
There are three elements that make up this parfait and they are all able to be made ahead of time, so that you don’t have to spend much time in the morning making your breakfast.
Making your own Homemade Granola
Granola is super easy to make and you can make up a big batch and store up to two weeks in your pantry and up to 1 month in your refrigerator.
There are several benefits to making your own granola instead of buying granola at the grocery store.
- You have control over the ingredients that you use.
- Many store-bought varities are loaded with added sugars. You can use more natural or plant-based sweeteners like honey, maple syrup or stevia.
- Homemade granola allows you to experiment with flavors and create unique combinations.
- Making your own granola can be very cost-effective compared to buying pre-packaged granola from the store, especially if you purchase ingredients in bulk.
What is a Chia Pudding
Chia pudding is a healthy and delicious breakfast or snack made with chia seeds, milk, and sweetener. The chia seeds absorb the milk and form a gel, which gives the pudding its pudding-like consistency.
Chia seeds are a good source of protein, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids, making chia pudding a nutritious option.
To make chia pudding, simply combine chia seeds, milk, and sweetener in a jar or bowl. Stir well and let sit for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight, in the refrigerator.
The longer the chia seeds sit, the thicker the pudding will become. Once the pudding is set, you can top it with your favorite fruits, nuts, or granola.
Chia Pudding Recipes
Ingredients You Need To Make This recipe
- Chia seeds
- Plant Based Milk – I used either almond milk, coconut milk or even my new favourite hazelnut milk. But you can easily swap with you favourite milk.
- Honey – or you can use maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Granola – your choice of store bought or home made.
- Fresh berries – You can use a mix of strawberries, raspberries and blueberries
Handy tip: Prepare Ahead!
You can make the granola and the chia pudding ahead of time, so that you have enough for a few days of breakfast!
How to Make
Once you have made your chia pudding, granola and you have washed your fruit, it is a really simple recipe to put together.
You can make the chia granola parfait in glass or mason jar or even a small bowl. But I find a glass jar or glass works the best as you can see the layers.
To make, first layer with half of the chia mixture, then half of the granola, then half of berries. Then repeat a second time. Then serve and enjoy
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- Place the chia seeds in a small bowl. Add the milk, sweetener and vanilla extract, stirring to combine. Place in the refrigerator and let it set overnight. The next morning, remove from the refrigerator and check that the chia seeds have gelled. You can make this step ahead of time.
- To make the parfait, layer a glass or bowl firstly with half of the chia mixture, then half of the granola, then half of berries. Then repeat.
- Serve and enjoy.