These Caramel Macadamia Chocolate Cups will be sure to impress your guests during the festive season. They are super easy to make and are gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free!!
I love making these chocolate cups during the festive season. They are a great festive treat and are super easy to make. They are like making your own handmade chocolates.
Ingredients You Need
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup (raw/organic honey or rice malt syrup would also work)
- Cacao powder
- Medjool dates
- Coconut oil
- Tahini (both unhulled and hulled tahini work)
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
You will find the amounts needed of each ingredient in the recipe card below.
Maple Syrup – you can also use honey or rice malt syrup
Macadamias – if you don’t have macadamias on hand you could use cashews.
How to Make
First, you need to prep your chocolate coating and caramel filling.
Then you place 1 teaspoon of the chocolate mixture into each of the mini muffin liners and swirl around to coat the base and sides. Then put the liners in the mini muffin tray and place in the freezer to set for ten minutes.
Once the chocolate has set, spoon the caramel filling in each liner, then add one macadamia and press down into the caramel mixture. Then top with the remaining chocolate coating and place in the freezer for approximately two hours to set completely.
MORE CHOCOLATE CARAMEL RECIPES TO ENJOY
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Caramel Macadamia Chocolate Cups
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup raw/organic honey or rice malt syrup would also work
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 6 medjool dates pits removed
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoons tahini both unhulled and hulled tahini work
- ¼ cup maple syrup raw/organic honey or rice malt syrup would also work
- ½ cup macadamias
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup water
- 24 macadamias
- To make the chocolate coating, melt the coconut oil in a saucepan on low heat. Once melted, remove from heat, add the maple syrup, whisking briskly until well combined. Then add the cacao powder, stirring until well mixed through.
- To make the caramel filling, place all filling ingredients in a high speed blender and process until completely combined and smooth. You may need to add a little more water to help blend the ingredients.
- To make the chocolate cups, place 1 teaspoon of the chocolate mixture into 24 mini muffin liners and swirl around to coat the base and sides. Place the liners in the mini muffin tray. Place in freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Once the chocolate has set, spoon the caramel filling into each one and place one of the macadamias into and lightly press down. Then cover with more of the chocolate mixture and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours to set.
- I recommend storing these in the freezer. Allow to thaw slightly before eating.