This is the tastiest ever gluten free chocolate banana bread!!! It is also dairy and refined sugar free as well being paleo friendly. It is super easy to make and you wouldn't even guess it was gluten free.
But I have never tried any other flavours, until now!!
Gluten & Dairy Free - suitable for people with gluten and dairy/lactose intolerances.
Easy to Make - this recipe involves a couple of simple steps and will be ready in less than 1 hour.
Healthy wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket, health store, food markets or on-line store
- Ripe bananas
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Almond meal
- Raw cacao powder
- Chocolate chips (vegan or dairy free preferably)
- Plus a few extra things like baking powder, vanilla extract and cinnamon powder
HOW TO MAKE
So this recipe is really easy to make. Basically you mix together your dry ingredients, then you add your wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. Then fold through the choc chip, pour into a lined loaf pan and bake!!
Just make sure you use really ripe bananas as it wont taste nearly as good using non-ripe bananas!
I used vegan dark chocolate chips that I purchased from Newstead Organics! However, you can use any dairy free choc chips!
I baked my chocolate banana bread using a greased and lined loaf pan, but you can also use a silicon loaf pan! I
Looking for other baked dessert type recipes? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 2 cups almond meal
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ¾ cup chocolate chips (vegan/dairy free)
- Pre-heat oven. Heat oven to 180C | 350 F (or 160C | 320C fan forced).
- Prepare pan. Lightly grease a loaf pan and line with baking paper.
- Wet Ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the bananas, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and cinnamon essential oil (if using).
- Dry Ingredients. Then add the almond meal, raw cacao powder, baking powder and cinnamon powder (if using) to the wet ingredients, mixing until well combined. Finally, add the chocolate chips and fold through the mixture.
- Bake. Pour or spoon the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for approximately 60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool. Let cool in the loaf pan for 30 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool for a further 30 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 421Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 6gSugar: 19gProtein: 9g