This is the tastiest ever gluten free chocolate banana bread!!! It is also dairy free and refined sugar free. It is super easy to make and you wouldn't even guess it was gluten free.
Table of Contents
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Gluten & Dairy Free - suitable for people with gluten and dairy/lactose intolerances.
Easy to Make - this recipe involves a couple of simple steps and will be ready in less than 1 hour.
Healthy wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket, health store, food markets or on-line store
- Ripe bananas
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Almond meal
- Raw cacao powder
- Chocolate chips (vegan or dairy free preferably, but use whichever ones suit your dietary needs)
- Plus a few extra things like baking powder, vanilla extract and cinnamon powder
HOW TO MAKE
So this recipe is really easy to make.
Basically, you mix together your dry ingredients, then you add your wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. Then fold through the choc chip, pour into a lined loaf pan and bake!!
Just make sure you use really ripe bananas as it won't taste nearly as good using non-ripe bananas!
I used vegan dark chocolate chips that I purchased from Newstead Organics! However, you can use any dairy free choc chips!
I baked my chocolate banana bread using a greased and lined loaf pan, but you can also use a silicon loaf pan!
Looking for other baked dessert type recipes? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Bread
- 14.1 oz bananas 4 medium sized, peeled and mashed
- 8 oz eggs 4 large eggs, weight out of shell
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder gluten free
- 2 cups almond flour or almond meal
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven. Heat oven to 180C | 350 F (or 160C | 320C fan forced).
- Prepare pan. Lightly grease a loaf pan and line with baking paper.
- Wet Ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the bananas, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Dry Ingredients. Then add the almond meal, raw cacao powder, baking powder and cinnamon powder to the wet ingredients, mixing until well combined. Finally, add the chocolate chips and fold through the mixture.
- Bake. Pour or spoon the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for approximately 60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool. Let cool in the loaf pan for 30 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool for a further 30 minutes.
- Make sure the eggs have been kept at room temperature before using and are not cold.
- Make sure you use extra ripe bananas.
- You can store the banana bread in your fridge for 4-5 days or in your freezer for up to 3 months when stored correctly.