This healthy banana blueberry bread is sweetened only by the blueberries and banana, This gluten free banana blueberry bread is sure to be a hit with your friends and family.
This banana and blueberry bread is sugar free!! The only sweetness comes from the fruit - the blueberries and banana! So it is perfect for anyone on a low carb diet.
This sugar free banana bread will make the perfect breakfast or snack and I have included the nutrition content at the end of the recipe.
Table of Contents
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Gluten & Dairy Free - suitable for people with gluten and dairy/lactose intolerances.
Sugar Free - this bread is only sweetened by the bananas and blueberries
Easy to Make - this recipe involves a couple of simple steps and will be ready in less than 1 hour.
Healthy wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket, health store, food markets or on-line store
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Ripe bananas
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Cinnamon powder
- Gluten free baking powder
- Almond flour or almond meal
- I recommend using a silicon loaf pan. You will save yourself a bit of time by not having to grease the pan and then line it with baking paper. They are ideal if you are short on time. I use the Wiltshire which you can buy from your major supermarkets.
- It takes approximately 60 minutes to bake. But always check with a skewer to make sure the bread has cooked through.
Add ¼ cup of pure maple syrup to the recipe at stage 2 with the other wet ingredients. It will not be low-carb then.
Make sure the eggs have been kept at room temperature before using and are not cold. It will help the bread to rise better when cooking.
I recommend using a silicon loaf pan. You will save yourself a bit of time by not having to grease the pan and then line it with baking paper. They are ideal if you are in a bit of a rush and you want to skip a few steps. I use the Wiltshire which you can buy from your major supermarkets.
It should take 60 minutes to bake however always check with a skewer to make sure the bread has cooked through. Not all ovens are created equally!!
You can store in your fridge for 4-5 days or in your freezer for up to 3 months when stored in an air-tight container
Looking for other baked dessert recipes? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
Low Carb Banana & Blueberry Bread
- 10.5 oz ripe bananas approximately 3 medium bananas
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 2 cups almond flour or almond meal
- 8.8 oz blueberries
- Pre-heat, Heat oven to 180C | 350F (or 160C | 320F fan forced). Lightly grease a loaf pan and line with baking paper or use a silicon loaf pan (to save yourself the extra hassle).
- Add wet ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the bananas, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla extract
- Add dry ingredients. Then add the almond meal, baking powder and cinnamon powder to the wet ingredients, mixing until well combined.
- Add blueberries. Add all the blueberries (except 6 or so) and fold through the mixture.
- Add to loaf pan. Pour or spoon the mixture into the loaf pan and then gently press the remaining blueberries onto the top of the mixture.
- Bake banana bread. Bake for approximately 60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool. Let cool in the loaf pan for 30 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool for a further 30 minutes.