This low carb banana and blueberry bread is sweetened only by the blueberries and banana, plus it is also gluten and dairy free.
I am a big fan of banana bread!
But never with blueberries.... until now!
This low carb banana and blueberry bread is sugar free!! The only sweetness comes from the fruit - the blueberries and banana! So it is perfect for anyone on a low carb diet.
However, if you want a bit of extra sweetness, simply add 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup to the recipe.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Ripe bananas
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Cinnamon powder
- Guten free baking powder
- Almond meal
- I recommend using a silicon loaf pan. You will save yourself a bit of time by not having to grease the pan and then line it with baking paper. They are ideal if you are short on time. I use the Wiltshire which you can buy from your major supermarkets.
- It takes approximately 60 minutes to bake. But always check with a skewer to make sure the bread has cooked through.
This banana and blueberry bread will make the perfect breakfast or snack and I have included the nutrition content at the end of the recipe.
MORE BAKED DESSERTS RECIPES:
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 punnet (250 grams) blueberries
- Heat oven to 180C | 350F (or 160C | 320F fan forced).
- Lightly grease a loaf pan and line with baking paper or use a silicon loaf pan (to save yourself the extra hassle).
- In a large bowl, combine the bananas, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla extract
- Then add the almond meal, baking powder and cinnamon powder to the wet ingredients, mixing until well combined.
- Finally, add all the blueberries (except 6 or so) and fold through the mixture.
- Pour or spoon the mixture into the loaf pan and then gently press the remaining blueberries onto the top of the mixture.
- Bake for approximately 60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Let cool in the loaf pan for 30 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool for a further 30 minutes.
If you are wanting to add some extra sweetness then I would add 1/4 cup maple syrup with the wet ingredients.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 59mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 6g