Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Marsala is an easy to make, classic Indian dish that is packed full of amazing flavour, with ingredients that you can buy at your local supermarket.
Whenever I go out for dinner and I have Indian, I always order either Butter Chicken or Chicken Tikka Marsala. I hardly ever stray from those two options. The same goes when I make Indian food at home.
Table of Contents
- Well for starters, it is super easy to make. Once you put the together the sauce (which literally takes 10 minutes) you add it your slow cooker along with the chicken thighs and then let it cook on low for 5 hours.
- The ingredients you need to make this meal can be found at your local supermarket.
- The flavour is so delicious. It really is amazing.
- It is gluten free, dairy free and low carb. Just add your favourite low carb side instead of quinoa or rice.
RECIPE TIPS & FAQS
Can I set the slow cooker temperature to high?
Can I add in any green vegetables?
I am not a fan of Coriander, can I use something else?
Looking for other chicken recipes? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
- 1 + ½ lbs (750 grams) chicken thigh (boneless), cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup tomato paste (organic preferably)
- 1 (14oz/400 grams) can coconut cream (organic preferably)
- 1 cup chicken stock/broth
- 2cm fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons tapioca or arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (more if you like it hotter)
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- ¼ cup fresh coriander or parsley, to serve
- Saute onion and garlic. Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan on medium high heat. Add onion and garlic, cook, stirring frequently for approximately 3-4 minutes or until the onions have become translucent.
- Prepare sauce. Add coconut cream, chicken stock, tomato paste, tapioca, ginger, turmeric, garam masala, cumin, coriander, chili flakes and stirr until well combined and the sauce has started to thicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook. Add the chicken to the slow cooker, then add the sauce and mix through the chicken. Cover and cook on low heat for 5 hours.
- Serve. Serve with the coriander and your favourite side (eg rice, quinoa, green vegetables)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 99Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 146mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 4g