Instant Pot Coconut Chicken Curry - a simple yet delicious curry which will be ready in 30 minutes using your Instant Pot.
Ever since I purchased my Instant Pot I have been testing out lots of different recipes. So far I have made butter chicken, a few different soups, chicken wings and now this coconut chicken curry, which I have decided to share with you.
WHY THIS COCONUT CHICKEN CURRY IS SO GOOD
- This recipe is so easy to make.
- It is packed full of flavour.
- It is low carb as well as being gluten free and dairy free.
- You can serve with your favourite side (quinoa, basmati rice or cauliflower rice all work well).
- You can make it hotter by adding chili.
WHAT IS AN INSTANT POT
An Instant Pot is a multicooker which has several cooking functions in the one appliance. I have the Duo Nova model which is 7 appliances in 1: pressure cooker, slow cooker, sauté pan, steamer, rice cooker, yoghurt maker and food warmer.
It is an amazing appliance and if you are wanting to make amazing meals for dinner, but you don't have a lot of time, then this is the appliance for you.
It is also is great if you don't have a lot of space in your kitchen.
WHAT INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Coconut oil
- Brown onion
- Chicken broth or stock
- Can of diced tomatoes
- Can of coconut cream
- Tomato paste
- Curry powder
- Ginger powder
- Chicken breasts (boneless chicken thighs also work well)
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Optional – Chilli flakes
MORE EASY MAINS
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock
- 400gms (14oz) can diced tomatoes
- 400gms (14oz) can coconut cream
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs) chicken breasts (you can also use boneless chicken thighs)
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Optional – 1 teaspoon chilli flakes (or more if you like it hotter)
- Set your Instant Pot to saute and add the coconut oil, garlic and onion and saute for 2
minutes until the onion has become translucent and softened. Make sure you keep
stirring during this step.
- Add the chicken stock/broth and scape any bits that are stuck to the bottom.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, coconut milk, curry powder, ginger powder salt & pepper and chilli flakes (if using) and mix well.
- Add the chicken and stir to coat.
- Put the lid on your Instant Pot, set the valve to seal and then select the poultry setting (you can also select manual or pressure cook setting) and set the time for 10 minutes.
- When the instant pot has finished, allow the pressure to release naturally until the lid unlocks.
- Shred the chicken in the Instant Pot with two forks or you can remove the chicken to shred (if that is easier).
- Then serve with your favourite side (eg rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 78Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 205mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g