This Lemon Garlic Chicken Buddha Bowl is super simple to make and is packed full of delicious flavours. Use dinner leftovers to save more time!
I have been drooling over Buddha bowls for quite some time now and recently shared my faves in the blog post 8 beautiful Buddha Bowls that you need in your life right now.
I was playing around with flavours and came up with this Chicken Buddha Bowl which features my popular baked garlic butter sweet potato fries.
Other than cooking the lemon garlic chicken and the sweet potato fries, this salad is super simple to make and is packed full of delicious flavours. Plus you can make it using leftovers, which makes it even easier to put together.
Easy to make - This salad is super easy to make, especially if you use leftovers.
Healthy wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket, health store, food markets or on-line store.
Allergy and intolerance friendly - this Buddha bowl is suitable for people with gluten, dairy, nut allergies & intolerances as well as many other dietary requirements.
You can use any salad ingredients you have on hand to make this recipe.
Chicken - You can substitute the chicken breast with chicken tenderloins in this recipe.
Coconut oil - you can substitute the coconut oil with olive oil to cook the chicken.
Butter - you can substitute the butter with coconut or olive oil to cook the sweet potato fries. I oven make my sweet potato fries with olive oil.
Coconut vinegar 'balsamic' style - you can use balsamic vinegar if you don't have coconut vinegar.
TIPS & FAQS
Use leftovers (where you can) to make this salad.
You will save a bunch of time if you use leftovers. This is a great salad to include as part of your weekly meal plan.
You can substitute salad ingredients quite easily.
Again use up what salad ingredients you have available. They will all work in this buddha bowl
Looking for other yummy salad recipes? Try these:
Lastly, if you make this recipe I would love to hear from you. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 100 grams (3.52oz) chicken breast (or tenderloin), sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon parsley (fresh or dry)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, for cooking
Sweet Potato Fries
- 100 grams (3.52 oz) sweet potato, sliced into thin fries
- ½ tablespoon organic butter, melted (or melted coconut oil or olive oil)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 - 2 boiled eggs
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- Handful of greens
Honey Mustard Dressing (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut vinegar 'balsamic' style (or balsamic vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- Marinate chicken. Add the chicken to a bowl with the garlic, lemon juice and parsley. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- Cook sweet potatoes. While the chicken is marinating, preheat oven to 220 degrees celcius and lightly grease a baking tray or sheet. Place sweet potato fries in a bowl. Next, add melted butter, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix well. Pour over the fries, mixing well to combine. Place the fries in a single layer on the baking tray (or sheet) and place in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes or until browned, turning over at the 15 minute mark.
- Cook chicken. When you have turned over the fries, pre-heat a small fry pan on medium high heat, add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and cook chicken until golden brown.
- Make the dressing. To make the dressing, add the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk well to combine
- Assemble the Buddha bowl. First add the greens, then the cherry tomato, cucumber, avocado, sweet potato fries. eggs and finally chicken. Then, pour over the dressing (if you are having) and enjoy.
You can substitute the salad ingredients with any other salad ingredients you have on hand.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 17025Total Fat: 78gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 43gCholesterol: 388mgSodium: 2462mgCarbohydrates: 3752gFiber: 397gSugar: 232gProtein: 455g