One tray oven baked chicken and vegetables is your weekly go-to roast chicken dish. This easy to make one pan dinner is made with a delicious marinade and easy to prep vegetables.
I am all for easy to make dinners that involve minimal prep time.
Just like this baked chicken and vegetable meal that I adapted from Jamie Oliver's chicken tray baked recipe.
The flavours from the simple marinade are super delicious and the skin has a really nice crunch to it. It really is a truly amazing dinner that you can have during the week or even when hosting a dinner party.
HOW TO MAKE THIS TRAY BAKED CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE RECIPE
This recipe does not need much explanation on how to make it. It really is easy as and takes only a few steps.
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Chop up your vegetables
- Place the vegetables and chicken in a large baking tray
- Add the liquids and seasonings and mix through the vegetables and chicken.
- Place in the oven to cook for 1 hour.
Super easy right!!
You can even save some for leftovers, just make sure you properly cover it.
I recommend storing chicken in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days or in the freezer (when properly sealed) for up to 4 months.
MORE EASY TO MAKE DINNER RECIPES
- 4 chicken marylands
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1 green pepper/capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1 yellow pepper/capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced into wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, squashed with back of knife (peel left on)
- ½ bunch fresh thyme, leaves picked off
- 1 tsp Hungarian paprika
- 2 Tbl olive oil
- 2 Tbl balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Preheat oven 180C/350F.
- Place the chicken marylands and vegetables in large baking dish or roasting tray.
- Add the olive oil, vinegar, thyme leaves, paprika, salt and pepper to the roasting and mix really well to coat.
- Spread the chicken and vegetables across the tray ensuring that the chicken is not covered by the vegetables.
- Roast for approximately 1 hour or until the chicken is golden and cooked through, making sure you turn and baste the chicken with the juices from the tray.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 107mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 23g