This One Tray Baked Lamb Cutlets with Potatoes is an easy to make meal that will become a favourite in your household. I absolutely love the garlic, rosemary and lemon flavour and so will you.
I have always been a big fan of easy to make main meals that are full of flavour which are healthy. Any meal that requires one pan or one tray or a slow cooker or my latest love, the instant pot to make it, are always a big hit with me.
These oven-baked lamb chops are super easy to make and are full of flavour thanks to the lemon, garlic and rosemary.
The white potatoes and sweet potatoes are also full of that amazing flavour. They don't turn out super crispy in this recipe, but you could easily cook them a bit longer if you wanted them crispier.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Lamb cutlets (French trimmed preferably)
- White potato
- Sweet potato
- Fresh rosemary
- Olive oil
TIPS AND FAQS
- Cook the lamb to your taste. I suggest in the recipe anywhere from 20-30 minutes to cook the lamb, depending on your preference.
- The potatoes will not be super crunchy at the end of the 50-60 minutes cooking time, however they will taste absolutely amazing. If you wanted them crunchier then you would need to cook them a bit longer while you let the lamb rest before serving
- 12 lamb cutlets (French trimmed preferably)
- 4 medium white potato (approximately 500gms | 1.1lbs), peeled & chopped into smaller pieces
- 1 large sweet potato (approximately 800gms | 1.6lbs), peeled & chopped into smaller pieces
- 1 garlic head, separated into cloves
- 1 Lemon
- 8 small truss or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half or left as whole
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh rosemary
- Sea Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 C | 390 F
- Place potatoes, garlic cloves and 2 sprigs of rosemary in a large baking dish and drizzle 2 tablespoons of oil over the top.
- Place in oven and cook for 30 minutes, stirring at the 15 minute mark.
- Remove from the oven and add the lamb cutlets and tomatoes on top.
- Drizzle 2 tablesspoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons lemon juice and add some more rosemary, approximately 2-3 sprigs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes or until your preferred taste.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
You may wish to cook the potatoes a but longer after the lamb has cooked, if you prefer your potatoes to be a bit crunchier.