These Oven Lamb Cutlets with baked potatoes and tomatoes is an easy to make meal that will become a favourite in your household. I absolutely love the garlic, rosemary and lemon flavour and so will you.
I have always been a big fan of easy to make main meals that are full of flavour which are healthy. Any meal that requires one pan or one tray or a slow cooker or my latest love, the instant pot to make it, are always a big hit with me.
These oven-baked lamb rib chops are super easy to make and are full of flavour thanks to the lemon, garlic and rosemary.
The white potatoes and sweet potatoes are also full of that amazing flavour. They don't turn out super crispy in this recipe, but you could easily cook them a bit longer if you wanted them crispier.
If you are after more easy to make recipes, then you have to check out these air fryer chicken wings or these zucchini and sweet potato fritters.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Allergy and Intolerance Friendly - this lamb chops and baked potatoes recipe is suitable for people with gluten, dairy, nut allergies & intolerances as well as many other dietary requirements.
Easy to make - just chop your potatoes and then the rest of the preparation and then cooking is done using one oven tray.
Healthy wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket, health store, food markets or on-line store.
WHAT ARE LAMB CUTLETS
Lamb cutlets (or lamb rib chops) are an amazing cut of lamb and are usually the most expensive cut. They differ to lamb loin chops as they come from the lamb rib whereas lamb loin chops comes from the waist.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Lamb cutlets - I prefer to use French trimmed ones
- White potato
- Sweet potato
- Fresh rosemary - you can use dried herbs if you don't have fresh rosemary on hand
- Olive oil
HOW TO MAKE
You need to first start cooking the potatoes and tomatoes for approximately 30 minutes before adding in the lamb. Then the amount of time to cook the lamb will depend on your personal taste. I like well-cooked lamb cutlets, as do my children, so will cook for 30 minutes. If you prefer more medium, then cook for around the 20 minute mark.
This depends on your personal taste. I suggest in the recipe anywhere from 20-30 minutes to cook the lamb, depending on your preference.
The potatoes will not be super crunchy at the end of the 50-60 minutes cooking time, however they will taste absolutely amazing. If you wanted them crunchier then you would need to cook them a bit longer while you let the lamb rest before serving.
Yes you can store for up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
Looking for other easy to make dinner recipes? Try these:
Instant Pot Coconut Chicken Curry
One Tray Oven Baked Chicken and Vegetables
Zucchini Noodle Stir-Fry with Beef
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
Oven Lamb Cutlets
- 2.2 lbs lamb cutlets approx 12, French trimmed preferably
- 1.1 lbs white potato peeled & chopped into smaller pieces
- 1.6 lbs sweet potato peeled & chopped into smaller pieces
- 1 garlic head separated into cloves
- 1 Lemon
- 8 cherry tomatoes sliced in half or left as whole
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch rosemary
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- Preheat - Preheat the oven to 200 C | 390 F
- Bake Potatoes - Place potatoes, garlic cloves and 2 sprigs of rosemary in a large baking dish and drizzle 2 tablespoons of oil over the top. Place in oven and cook for 30 minutes, stirring at the 15 minute mark.
- Cook Lamb - Remove from the oven and add the lamb cutlets and tomatoes on top. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and add some more rosemary, approximately 2-3 sprigs. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until your preferred taste.
- Allow to Rest - Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
This seems like a really long time to roast cutlets. I do mine in the over at 190 degrees for 10m tops, internal temp around 70 degrees Celsius. Was wondering how they turn out your way? Are they well done?
Yep they are well done. I do like my cutlets that way. I did put a time range to allow for personal preference
Hi, do you add slices of lemon as well when cooking? They are in the pictures but it only says lemon juice in the recipe.
Thanks for picking that up! You can add the lemon slices to give it a bit more lemon flavour. I will update the recipe