This One Tray Baked Lamb Cutlets with Potatoes is an easy to make meal that will become a favourite in your household. I absolutely love the garlic, rosemary and lemon flavour and so will you.
I have always been a big fan of easy to make main meals that are full of flavour which are healthy. Any meal that requires one pan or one tray or a slow cooker or my latest love, the instant pot to make it, are always a big hit with me.
These oven-baked lamb chops are super easy to make and are full of flavour thanks to the lemon, garlic and rosemary.
The white potatoes and sweet potatoes are also full of that amazing flavour. They don't turn out super crispy in this recipe, but you could easily cook them a bit longer if you wanted them crispier.
Allergy and Intolerance Friendly - this lamb chops and baked potatoes recipe is suitable for people with gluten, dairy, nut allergies & intolerances as well as many other dietary requirements.
Easy to make - just chop your potatoes and then the rest of the preparation and then cooking is done using one oven tray.
Healthy wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket, health store, food markets or on-line store.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Lamb cutlets - I prefer to use French trimmed ones
- White potato
- Sweet potato
- Fresh rosemary - you can use dried herbs if you don't have fresh rosemary on hand
- Olive oil
TIPS & FAQS
This depends on your personal taste. I suggest in the recipe anywhere from 20-30 minutes to cook the lamb, depending on your preference.
The potatoes will not be super crunchy at the end of the 50-60 minutes cooking time, however they will taste absolutely amazing. If you wanted them crunchier then you would need to cook them a bit longer while you let the lamb rest before serving.
Looking for other easy to make dinner recipes? Try these:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
- 12 lamb cutlets (French trimmed preferably)
- 4 medium white potato (approximately 500gms | 1.1lbs), peeled & chopped into smaller pieces
- 1 large sweet potato (approximately 800gms | 1.6lbs), peeled & chopped into smaller pieces
- 1 garlic head, separated into cloves
- 1 Lemon
- 8 small truss or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half or left as whole
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh rosemary
- Sea Salt & pepper
- Preheat - Preheat the oven to 200 C | 390 F
- Bake Potatoes - Place potatoes, garlic cloves and 2 sprigs of rosemary in a large baking dish and drizzle 2 tablespoons of oil over the top. Place in oven and cook for 30 minutes, stirring at the 15 minute mark.
- Cook Lamb - Remove from the oven and add the lamb cutlets and tomatoes on top. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and add some more rosemary, approximately 2-3 sprigs. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until your preferred taste.
- Allow to Rest - Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
You may wish to cook the potatoes a bit longer after the lamb has cooked, if you prefer your potatoes to be a bit crunchier.