Beef Lettuce Wraps are the perfect weeknight meal. Made in less than 30 minutes, these beef mince lettuce cups are packed full of yummy flavour and will be a hit with your family. You can also prepare the mince ahead of time.
Who doesn't love a meal that you can make in less than 30 minutes! Even better when the meal is packed full of flavour, is super healthy and everyone in the family will totally enjoy.
These healthy beef lettuce wraps are the real deal and they are so easy to prepare. You can prepare the mince ahead of time to make things even easier for you.
You can make the low carb by skipping the hoisin sauce!
Ingredients you need to make these Beef Mince Lettuce Cups
- Grass Fed (or organic) Beef mince
- Iceberg lettuce
- Spring onions
- Fresh ginger
- Coconut oil (or olive oil)
- Coconut aminos (you can also use gluten free soy sauce or tamari)
- Hoisin sauce (skip if low carb)
- Sesame oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Chili is totally optional
- You can make the beef mince ahead of time and store in the refrigerator (up to 3 days) or in the freezer (up to 3 months)
- I have not tried with any other lettuce, so can only recommend iceberg lettuce for now
- Adding chili is totally optional
More 30 Minute Meals
- 500 gram (1.1 lbs) organic or grass fed beef mince
- 5 spring onions, sliced thinly (plus extra to serve)
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or olive oil)
- ¼ cup coconut aminos (or tamari or gluten free soy sauce)
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce (skip if low carb)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to season
- Iceberg lettuce leaves, to serve
- Optional - a few slices of red chilli
- Heat coconut oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a oderate heat. Add garlic, ginger, spring onions and carrot, garlic and ginger and cook until soft (approximately 5 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Add the mince and crumble with a fork or wooden spoon until there are no clumps remaining, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add the coconut aminos, hoisin sauce and sesame oil and stir for approximately 5 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.
- Serve in the lettuce leaves and garnish with extra sliced spring onion and sliced chili (optional)
You can make the beef mince ahead of time and store in the refrigerator (up to 3 days) or in the freezer (up to 3 months).
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 333Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 1131mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 18g