These Sweet Potato Rosti are made with only five ingredients and taste absolutely amazing. They make a great breakfast, snack, or even work well served with a salad as a light meal.
After making my Quinoa Fritters, I wanted to make another easy, light, snack-or-side type meal.
These rosti are really tasty and are made with only five main ingredients. Well, six if you count the coconut oil to grease the frypan.
Sweet Potato are a highly nutritious vegetable and are packed full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, including calcium, potassium, manganese, copper, and vitamins A, B3, B5, B6 and C.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Allergy and Intolerance Friendly - these rosti are suitable for people with gluten, dairy, nut allergies & intolerances as well as many other dietary requirements.
Healthy wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket, health store, food markets or on-line store.
- Sweet potato
- Arrowroot or tapioca flour
- Organic or grass-fed butter
- Seasoning - sea salt and black pepper
- Coconut oil for cooking
They can be a little fiddly to make, but once you get the hang of it they are really easy. When making them for the first time, I recommend scooping out a small quantity.
I use two soup spoons to lift out the mixture, then flatten the mixture in the pan using the back of one. If you notice that it is sticking, or the rosti isn't holding together when you attempt to flip it, you may need to increase the heat.
Once you have a feel for it, you should be fine!
Also, You may need to increase or decrease the heat depending on your fry pan (eg non stick, stainless steel etc) and cook top (gas, ceramic etc)
Allow to cool first before placing in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
If you are going to freeze, then allow to cool first, then freeze on a baking tray before placing in a freezable container or zip lock for up to 3 months. To reheat, first thaw overnight in your refrigerator, then place on a dry frypan on low heat until warmed through.
Looking for other sweet potato recipes? Try these:
Zucchini and Sweet Potato Fritters
Healthy Loaded Sweet Potato Fries
50 delicious and healthy ways to cook sweet potato
Lastly, if you make these rosti then I would really love to hear from you. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
Sweet Potato Rosti
- 1.8 lbs sweet potato
- ¼ cup arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 1 egg whisked
- 2 ounces butter organic, melted
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Combine ingredients: Mix all ingredients (except coconut oil) in a large bowl.
- Cook Rosti: Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to a medium fry pan on medium heat. Using two soup spoons, scoop out the rosti mixture and place in the fry pan and flatten a little. Place as many as you want in the fry pan, making sure the edges don't touch. Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
- Repeat: Then repeat until you use up all the fritter mixture. You may need to add more coconut oil in between batches.
Leave a comment below: