Sweet Potato Rosti are made with only 4 ingredients, are super easy to make and are packed full of flavour.
After making my Quinoa Fritters earlier on in the year, which has turned out to be one of my most popular recipes, I wanted to make another easy, light, snack-or-side type meal.
I've come up with something I think you'll really like - sweet potato rosti.
These rosti are really tasty and are made with only 4 ingredients. Well, five if you count the coconut oil to grease the frypan.
Sweet Potato are a highly nutritious vegetable and are packed full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, including calcium, potassium, manganese, copper, and vitamins A, B3, B5, B6 and C.
They can be a little fiddly to make, but once you get the hang of it they are really easy. When making them for the first time, I recommend scooping out a small quantity.
I use two soup spoons to lift out the mixture, then flatten the mixture in the pan using the back of one. If you notice that it is sticking, or the rosti isn't holding together when you attempt to flip it, you may need to increase the heat.
Once you have a feel for it, you should be fine!
MORE SWEET POTATO RECIPES
- 1 large sweet potato (approx. 800 gms | 1.8 lbs), peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup arrowroot (or tapioca flour)
- 1 egg, whisked
- 60 gms (2 ounces) organic butter, melted
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2+ tablespoons coconut oil
- Mix all ingredients (except coconut oil) in a large bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to a medium fry pan on medium heat.
- Using two soup spoons, scoop out the rosti mixture and place in the fry pan and flatten a little. Place as many as you want in the fry pan, making sure the edges don't touch. Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
- Then repeat until you use up all the fritter mixture. You may need to add more coconut oil in between batches.
You may need to increase or decrease the heat depending on your fry pan (eg non stick, stainless steel etc) and cook top (gas, ceramic etc)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 73Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 35mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g