Slow Cooker Beef Ribs are a great meal to serve your guests. The flavour is amazing and they are so easy to make. Your guests will seriously be impressed!
Beef ribs is one of my favourite dinners ever! It is such a lovely warming meal that is perfect to have when the weather is cold. The trick is to cook it in the slow cooker or crock pot for 6-7 hours to ensure that the meat is falling off the bone.
My favourite way to serve is with potato mash (either sweet potato or white potato) and green vegetables.
Gluten & dairy free – suitable for those with dietary restrictions without skimping on flavour.
Healthy wholefood ingredients – which are easy to find at any supermarket or health food shop.
Easy to make – Only a few preparation steps involved to make these beef ribs and then you let them cook during the day in your slow cooker.
Ribs – I highly recommend using beef short ribs. They are easy to cook with and should fit in your slow cooker.
Worcestershire sauce – you can make your own or you can use a store-bought sauce. You can buy gluten free Worcestershire sauce from the major supermarkets and organic Worcestershire sauce from the health food shops.
Beef stock – you can use your own homemade stock or use store bought stock. If you are buying from the supermarket, try to find one with minial or no additives. My favourite is the Maggie Beer range.
TIPS AND FAQS
What to serve with – you can serve these slow cooker ribs with your favourite greens and potato mash (sweet potato or white potato).
Time to cook – I highly recommend cooking on low heat for 6-7 hours. The longer you allow it to cook, the softer the meat will be.
Why searing is important – browning the ribs in pan first will ensure that you seal in the flavor.
How to store leftovers – Leftover ribs will keep well in the fridge for 3-4 days. Make sure you keep in a sealed container. When reheating in the microwave, use a microwave safe dish and heat on 50% power.
Lastly, if you make this slow cooker meal then I would love to hear from you. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
Slow Cooker Beef Ribs
- 4 lbs beef short ribs
- Sea salt and black pepper for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups beef stock home made or organic preferred
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger minced
- Season the ribs: Season the ribs with salt and pepper.
- Sear the ribs: Melt the coconut oil in a large pan on medium high heat. Add the ribs and cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until browned.
- Prepare slow cooker: Remove the ribs from the pan and place in the slow cooker. Pour the beef stock over the ribs. In a small bowl, mix the tomato paste, honey, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and ginger. Pour over the ribs
- Cook ribs: Cook on low heat for 6-7 hours until the meat is falling off the bone.
- To serve: Drizzle the sauce over the ribs and serve with your favourite sides.