This Chocolate Walnut Breakfast Mousse is so delicious and is a little different than your standard breakfast meals, yet is still healthy and oh so filling.
I am always on the lookout for new and exciting breakfast ideas and when I came across this Chocolate Mousse recipe on Amy Crawford's (aka The Holistic Ingredient) book 'A Nourishing Kitchen' and have had it for breakfast quite a few times now.
I love it as it is a little different than your standard breakfast meals, yet is still healthy and fills you up nicely.
My version has been amended slightly with less ingredients and can be made just before you want to eat/drink it, as the original version was recommended to be made the night before.
Table of Contents
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Dairy free - made with almond milk for those with dairy or lactose intolerances. You can also use other dairy free milk varieties.
Easy to make - this smoothie takes less than 5 minutes to make.
Made with fresh wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket, health store, food markets or on-line store.
- Almond milk - you can use a
- Cacao powder
- Sweetener of choice (either maple syrup, raw honey or rice malt syrup)
- Maca powder (optional)
- Vanilla extract, paste or powder
Coconut milk, oat milk, macadamia milk or any other dairy free milk will work well in this smoothie.
Sure you can! This recipe with any types of milk, whether dairy or non-dairy.
Maca powder (also known as Peruvian ginseng) is root that is used to improve energy and sexual function. Maca contains iron, calcium and potassium. It is an optional ingredient in this recipe.
Looking for other breakfast recipes? Try these:
Chocolate Walnut Breakfast Mousse
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ avocado small
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¾ tablespoon cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons rice malt syrup or maple syrup or raw honey
- ½ teaspoon maca powder optional
- Pinch cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cacao nibs optional
- Make the mousse. Add ingredients to a blender and blend until really smooth. Pour into a glass and decorate with the walnuts and cacao nibs.