This no-bake chocolate caramel pie has three amazing layers, the nutty base, middle caramel layer and the chocolate layer on top.
This chocolate caramel dessert is really easy to make and oh my does it taste amazing!
The chocolate layer tastes like chocolate paddle pops, which brought back memories of when I used to buy them from the high school canteen. If only they were this healthy!
This dessert is suitable for paleo, vegan, clean eating, gluten free, dairy free & egg free diets. So it really is a winner!
- 1 cup raw macadamias, soaked for a minimum 2 hours
- 12 medjool dates, seeds removed
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 + ½ cups macadamias, soaked for a minimum of 2 hours (preferably 4 hours for a smoother caramel)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- ⅓ cup organic cacao powder
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place macadamias, medjool dates and sea salt in your blender or food processor and blend until the nuts are crushed and the mixture holds together.
- Scoop out crust mixture and press firmly into a 20cm spring-form pan and smooth out with the back of a spoon. Rinse blender or food processor well.
- Warm the coconut oil in a small pot on low heat until liquid, add the maple syrup and whisk to combine.
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until very smooth.
- Pour mixture onto the crust and smooth with the back of a spoon or a spatula and place in the freezer to set for 60 minutes.
- Add coconut oil to small saucepan on low heat and stir until melted.
- Remove from the heat and add the organic maple syrup, whisking briskly until well combined.
- Add the cacao powder, stirring until well combined.
- Add the coconut cream and vanilla extract and stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture onto the middle layer and place in the freezer to set (minimum 2 hours).
- Always keep in the freezer and remove 30 minutes before serving to allow it to thaw out a little.
The prep times does not include the time it takes for this recipe to set in the freezer
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 490Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 101mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 4gSugar: 45gProtein: 3g