This Beetroot & Carrot Salad with Moroccan Dressing is packed full of healthy and delicious ingredients, which you can enjoy as a stand-alone meal or serve it to your guests at your next dinner party.
I love a good salad!
You can never get bored of them as there are so many different recipes out there to suit your taste buds, food preferences and dietary issues.
Take this gorgeous salad by Irena Macri for example. It is packed full of healthy and delicious ingredients, which you can enjoy as a stand alone meal or serve it to your guests at your next dinner party. It is an impressive dish!
You will find this recipe in Irena's cookbook - Salad A Day!
SALAD A DAY has over 45 salad recipes that you can enjoy as a complete meal. There are vegetarian & plant-based salads included, as well as tips and modifications, American & Australian/British measurements and a gorgeous photo for each recipe.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Easy to Make - this salad only takes 15 minutes to make.
Made with Fresh Ingredients - this salad is packed full of healthy and delicious ingredients.
- Dried apricots
- Orange or mandarin juice
- Green onion/scallions
- Spices - cinnamon powder, cumin powder, coriander seed powder, paprika powder
- Fresh herbs - fresh coriander or cilantro
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- Nuts - either hazelnuts or almonds
Looking for other salads to make? Try these?
Lastly, if you make this salad then I would really love to hear from you. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
- 3 dried apricots, chopped finely
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoon orange or mandarin juice
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 3 medium beetroot, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 3 tablespoon chopped green onion/scallions
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander seed powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander/cilantro
- 3 tablespoon toasted chopped hazelnuts or almonds
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- Extra coriander and chopped onion for garnish
- Prepare salad. Place the chopped apricots in a large mixing bowl and pour over the lemon and orange juice.cAdd the carrots and beetroot and sprinkle with garlic, spices, salt, nuts and coriander.
- Add oil. Drizzle over with olive oil.
- Mix well. Combine well until all ingredients are mixed through.
- Serve. Serve with extra coriander, green onion and nuts over top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 375mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 4gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g