This Beetroot & Carrot Salad with Moroccan Dressing is packed full of healthy and delicious ingredients, which you can enjoy as a stand alone meal or serve it to your guests at your next dinner party. It is an impressive dish!
I love a good salad!
You can never get bored of them as there are so many different recipes out there to suit your taste buds, food preferences and dietary issues.
Take this gorgeous salad by Irena Macri for example. It is packed full of healthy and delicious ingredients, which you can enjoy as a stand alone meal or serve it to your guests at your next dinner party. It is an impressive dish!
You will find this recipe in Irena's cookbook - Salad A Day!
SALAD A DAY has over 45 salad recipes that you can enjoy as a complete meal. There are vegetarian & plant-based salads included, as well as tips and modifications, American & Australian/British measurements and a gorgeous photo for each recipe.
- 3 dried apricots, chopped finely
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp orange or mandarin juice
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 3 medium beetroot, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 3 tbsp chopped green onion/scallions
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin powder
- ½ tsp ground coriander seed powder
- ¼ tsp ground paprika powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander/cilantro
- 3 tbsp toasted chopped hazelnuts or almonds
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Extra coriander and chopped onion for garnish
- Prepare salad. Place the chopped apricots in a large mixing bowl and pour over the lemon and orange juice.cAdd the carrots and beetroot and sprinkle with garlic, spices, salt, nuts and coriander.
- Add oil. Drizzle over with olive oil.
- Mix well. Combine well until all ingredients are mixed through.
- Serve. Serve with extra coriander, green onion and nuts over top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 375mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 4gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g