Avocado Walnut Cranberry Apple Salad is made with four amazing ingredients that come together so beautifully in this salad. It is the perfect salad to have at Christmas time or during the holiday season.
This apple avocado salad is adapted from a similar salad I found over on Creme De La Crumb and I have added avocado and my own vinaigrette that I have used before.
These four ingredients work so brilliantly together! I really love this cranberry walnut salad and have made it many times, especially during Christmas and the festive season.
Easy to make – This cranberry apple salad is really easy to make and will take around 10 minutes to prepare.
Healthy wholefood ingredients – which are easy to find at any supermarket, health store, food markets or on-line store.
Perfect for celebrating – this salad is great to make during the festive season or any other special occasion.
- Baby spinach
- Green apples
- Dried cranberries
- Feta (optional – if you eat dairy)
- Coconut vinegar ‘balsamic’ style or balsamic vinegar
- Honey – use rice malt syrup or maple syrup if you don’t eat honey/
- Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and black pepper
You can either the feta or you can swap for a lactose free version or a plant-based version. There are so many options available at your local supermarkets or health food shops.
Yes, you can use maple syrup or brown rice syrup instead of honey.
Simply omit the feta and substitute the honey for rice malt syrup or maple syrup to make this recipe Vegan.
Looking for other salad recipes? Try these:
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Avocado Walnut Cranberry Apple Salad
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 green apples medium sized – peeled, cored and sliced into small pieces
- 1 avocado medium – sliced
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup feta optional, sliced into small pieces
- 1/4 cup coconut vinegar ‘balsamic’ style
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- Make the dressing: Add the dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Make the salad: Add the salad ingredients to a large bowl then pour the dressing over the top when ready to serve.
- Feta is optional for those who eat dairy, but the recipe is still amazing without it.
- You can substitute the honey with brown rice syrup or maple syrup.