These Vegan Cookie Dough Chocolate Balls are the ultimate cookie dough bliss balls. They are dipped in chocolate and so tasty. Plus they are gluten free, dairy free, nut free and refined sugar fee.
Ever since I made these Gluten Free Cookie Dough Bars, I have been looking for more ways to create recipes using cookie dough.
These chocolate coated bliss balls are made with the cookie dough bar mixture, but they are dipped in chocolate.
In addition to be delicious they also tick alot of dietary requierment boxes. They are gluten free, dairy free (if you use coconut oil), nut free, egg free, and refined sugar free (if you use cacao nibs)
I have since made Cookie Dough Bites, so your obsession with cookie dough can continue.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Gluten free- this cookie dough is suitable for people with gluten allergies intolerances.
Vegan/Dairy Free - this recipe is also dairy free and vegan friendly.
Healthy wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket, food market, online or health food shop.
- Coconut oil
- Coconut sugar
- Coconut milk (canned variety)
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut flour
- Chocolate chips - use the ones you like and suit your dietary requirements. They can be milk, dark, dairy-free, sugar-free, carob or even cacao nibs.
To keep the recipe dairy free of vegan friendly, use dairy free chocolate chips or cacao nibs or carob chocolate chips. Otherwise, you can use regular milk chocolate, dark, or white chocolate chips!
Yes you can! You can keep stored in your refrigerator for up to 1 week or you can store in your freezer for up to 6 months. You will need to allow 15 minutes to thaw them out before eating.
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE DESSERTS, THEN CHECK OUT:
Lastly, I would love to hear from you if you make this recipe. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
Vegan Cookie Dough Chocolate Balls
- ½ cup coconut oil or you can use organic butter if not dairy free or vegan
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup coconut milk canned
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips or cacao nibs or your favourite chocolate chips
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup raw/organic honey or rice malt syrup would also work
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- Add coconut oil, coconut sugar, coconut milk and vanilla to a large mixing bowl, mixing thoroughly until well combined. Stir in the coconut flour and then the chocolate chips.
- Using your fingers, roll mixture into small balls and place on a lined baking tray. Place in the freezer for 1 hour to harden.
- To make the chocolate coating, melt the coconut oil in a saucepan on low heat. Once melted, remove from heat, add the maple syrup, whisking briskly until well combined. Then add the cacao powder, stirring until well mixed through.
- Once the chocolate chip cookie dough balls are ready, coat with the chocolate mixture and place back on the lined baking tray. I used a spoon and a fork to coat them in the mixture and then to drain any excess.
- Place back in the freezer for a minimum 10 minutes to set. They are best kept in the freezer, just take them out a few minutes before serving.
- The cook time does not include the time it takes for the cookie dough balls to set in the freezer.
- You can store in your refrigerator for up to 1 week or you can store in the freezer for up to 6 months. You will need to allow 15 minutes to thaw them out before eating.
Leave a comment below: