Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls - chocolate chip cookie dough made into bliss balls and dipped in chocolate!
Ever since I made these Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars I have been looking for more ways to create recipes using cookie dough.
They were a real hit (one of my most popular recipes) and something I have really enjoyed making.
So my latest creation, these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls should not disappoint.
Yes it's essentially the chocolate chip cookie dough bar mixture, but they are dipped in chocolate. Which is great if you think you can stop at just one. Or two even.
You need to try these out. The end result is AMAZING!!
In case the above isn't enough to sell you on them, they are also gluten free, dairy free (if you use coconut oil), nut free, egg free, and refined sugar free (if you use cacao nibs)
I have since made cookie dough bliss balls, so your obsession with cookie dough can continue 🙂
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or organic butter
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (canned)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (or cacao nibs)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (raw/organic honey or rice malt syrup would also work)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- Add coconut oil (or butter), coconut sugar, coconut milk and vanilla to a large mixing bowl, mixing thoroughly until well combined. Stir in the coconut flour and then the chocolate chips.
- Using your fingers, roll mixture into small balls and place on a lined baking tray. Place in the freezer for 1 hour to harden.
- To make the chocolate coating, melt the coconut oil in a saucepan on low heat. Once melted, remove from heat, add the maple syrup, whisking briskly until well combined. Then add the cacao powder, stirring until well mixed through.
- Once the chocolate chip cookie dough balls are ready, coat with the chocolate mixture and place back on the lined baking tray. I used a spoon and a fork to coat them in the mixture and then to drain any excess.
- Place back in the freezer for a minimum 10 minutes to set. They are best kept in the freezer, just take them out a few minutes before serving.
The cook time does not include the time it takes for the cookie dough balls to set in the freezer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g