This healthy Chocolate Smoothie is made with banana, almond butter, vegan protein powder, cacao powder and your choice of dairy free milk. It is packed full of flavour and best of all it only takes a few minutes to prepare.
This chocolate nut smoothie is amazing!
The combination of banana, almond butter and cacao is delicious. I used almond butter in my smoothie, but you could use any nut butter.
Same goes for protein powder, I love Raw Amazonia protein powders as they are one of the healthiest protein powders going around, but you could use any protein powder.
Smoothies are a really quick and easy breakfast or snack to make, so if you are short on time, they are one of the best healthy breakfast options.
Table of Contents
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Dairy free - made with almond milk for those with dairy or lactose intolerances. You can also use other dairy-free milk varieties.
Easy to make - this smoothie takes less than 5 minutes to make.
Made with fresh wholefood ingredients - which are easy to find at any supermarket, health store, food markets or on-line store.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Almond milk or your favourite dairy-free milk. I also like to use oat milk, coconut milk or macadamia milk in my smoothies.
- Banana (frozen preferably)
- Almond butter
- Vegan protein powder
- Cacao powder
- Maca powder (optional)
- Ice cubes (if you are not using frozen banana)
Maca powder (also known as Peruvian ginseng) is root that is used to improve energy and sexual function. Maca contains iron, calcium and potassium. It is an optional ingredient in this recipe.
Coconut milk, oat milk, macadamia milk or any other dairy free milk will work well in this smoothie.
Looking for other breakfast recipes? Try these:
Lastly, if you make this smoothie, then I would love to hear from you. You can either leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! If you do make this recipe, please tag me on Instagram! It really makes my day when I see your creations of my recipes.
Healthy Chocolate Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 banana small, frozen preferably
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon protein powder vegan preferably
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon maca powder optional
- ice cubes optional is not using frozen banana
- Process smoothie: Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.