These apple buckwheat pancakes are super easy to make and the apple and cinnamon flavour is a match made in heaven. These pancakes make a great gluten free breakfast option.
These pancakes taste just the traditional version! In fact, you wouldn't know that they were healthy and both gluten and dairy free if you had not read the ingredients.
The apple and cinnamon flavour is absolutely delicious and the best thing about these pancakes is that they are so easy to make (and I mean easy!).
You can also make a nut free version, if you substitute the almond milk with coconut milk (or your preferred milk).
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- ⅓ cup almond milk (or your preferred milk)
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, grated (approx 1 + ¼ cups grated apple)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (you may need more between batches)
- Prepare pancakes. Combine buckwheat flour, coconut sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, mixing to combine. Add the egg and almond milk to another bowl, whisking lightly to combine. Combine dry and liquid mixtures and stir thoroughly. Stir in the apples.
- Cook pancakes. Heat coconut oil in a frying pan over low-medium heat. Pour ¼ cup of apple mixture into pan and flatten gently with the back of a spoon. Cook in batches, for 1 - 2 minutes each side or until lightly browned.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 93Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 95mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 3g